CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Throttle dilemma.. Opinions please.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle dilemma.. Opinions please.

Heh. I've hardly ridden any dirtbikes. I drove my bro's Streetbike and I liked the twist. But I don't know how's it going to be in the bumpy stuff.

Mudstud : What do you mean you need to twist to let off the gas?? Isn't that why there is a throttle return spring...Maybe I read that one wrong...

So the Kit from RWR is great? Or would that Magura/Terry cable thing be better??

Ordering from Wood woulb be better..but whatever..

Thanks Again guys

Jeff

Old 06-23-2003, 09:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

yeah that spring tweeking to make the pump work with thumb worked out good for me, but if you can get yourself to like the twisty then that's an easy sure fire method that will require no trial and error. the pump is awesome, either way activate it - be it twist or spring manipulation, you will like it. Just be certain to tune the idle, pilot, needle and main to perfection before ever activating the pump, then mess with the pump alone with no confusion between jetting circuits.

Mine has the #70 nozzle - okay for sea level on my bike, but when I was just at Utah/Idaho it was so rich on the squirt I had to deactivate flip the spring off to deactivate it and rode the whole week with no pump, needed the #50[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] I'm gonna get the 50 and 60 from RWR, so I'm covered for all bases. More than likely, the #60 will be better suited for my home, and the #50 for higher altitudes I'd guess.
I also had to lower the pilot to #30, main to 145, and put in the #96 needle on 4th groove for that 5,000' altitude and heat, but at home at sea level I'm 40 pilot, #95 needle 5th groove, 152.5 main - boy altitude sure makes a big difference!

Amazingly, I had absolutely no bog off idle running without the pump at 5K altitude - the lower air pressure just didn't effect it like it does at sea level - now I know how some can claim to have no bog without the pump!

Old 06-24-2003, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

no,,,, I was pulling my thumb back. DUH I forgot to roll the wrist forward [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Now when I ride a friends thumb I for get roll the wrist forward [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]