CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Days, Sand mtn NV, Labor Day weekend

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 01:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS Days, Sand mtn NV, Labor Day weekend

Thanks for the update Jon.

I know we all plan on helping with the clean-up.

If I remember right you can write off an auction item as long as your bid value exceeds the value of the item (provided it is a non-profit organization - is Friends of Sand Mt. set up that way?)

Anyways. . . don't come looking for a deal on these items. . . come thinking I want to donate some money to a good cause to keep my riding area open, If I get to take something home to remind me of the experience I had and how good it felt to be a part of keeping Sand Mt. open for yourself and your family to enjoy for many years than that is even better.

Hope to see you all out there (bring your check-books!)

Old 08-04-2003, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

Friends of Sand Mountain is a 501c3 not-for-profit corporation.

Old 08-04-2003, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

We could also use some help gathering prizes for the silent auction. It is really easy to do.

Next time you stop by your favorite shop, tell them what is going on at Sand Mountain, and ask if they would like to help support our efforts to keep Sand Mountain open. Here are some things we could still use for the auction:

- helmets
- goggles
- gloves
- jerseys
- 2 & 4 stroke oil
- tie down straps
- tow strap
- t-shirts

Or they can choose to donate $$$ directly to Friends of Sand Mountain. Donations of $100 or more get a banner on our site for one year.

Thanks,

Jon

Old 08-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

I might be up there with the punisher to beat up on DS's..lol

I hope i can make it..

Old 08-08-2003, 07:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider

hey dune me you and jeff going to give us out of town guys the ds tricks for sand mountain or do we have to get roosted a few times first? what is the elevation there? plus what kind of sand is it, real soft , dusty or is it kind of desert sand?

Old 08-08-2003, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

I'll go but I'll be tenting it. Maybe I can follow someone over.

Old 08-08-2003, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

to me, the sand is a little more coarse than oregon dunes but also alot drier so i think it about equal in traction. It is 4000-4500 ft so you will lose a few percent of your HP. Will be great to meet all these DS guys. Sean

Old 08-08-2003, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

I just wanted to put in a few cents worth. If your thinking about going but havent made up your mind yet....GO!!! This event is really cool. The best part is it is rather mellow and laid back but then again there is alot of unorganized [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] racing. Jeffnrivercity was the fastest last year, Who is going to take him this year? Or can anyone?? Seriously thoooough I learned alot from others, partied hard, did a TON of riding and racing, and enjoyed a beautiful riding area to boot. For some reason my blood is boiling to go. It just gets in you. Plus that line up we did on Sunday morning is still the most amazing pictures of the baddest DS's ever assembled and this year the quads going are even more insane. Rather you got a DS or a Rappy or a ring-a-ding your welcome to attend. So do any Rappy guys out there think they have what it takes to beat the DS's??? I for one want to see it!! Now if I get the time off and the $$$ is right, I will be there!!!

Remember as well, you have the chance to stand up and fight for your sport. Dont let them damn tree huggers ruin the Mtn. Participate in the Freinds of Sand Mountain Cleanup and be a lil gracious in your wallets and help them out!!!! I have seen many times on here Mr. Crowley giving updates on the fight, if you think they just take the money and do nothing with it, THINK AGAIN. Please fellow riders, stand up for what you beleive in and take a stand.

Old 08-08-2003, 11:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

I cant wait to go, its great to sometimes to have un-organised drags due to the fact that you can line 10 quads up, banshees and what not, and just hammer away at the hill all day...just like at dumont, i go there every weekend during season and on the big days never, ever, one complaint from rangers for dragging, even when it gets out of line crowded, they still dont bother anyone... i sure hope it is like that up there at sand M.T., but i do like to have the 'tree' set- up and, all along with organised races also...

Old 08-09-2003, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

Last year we were all gatherd up at the bottom of the mountain Saturday night, we were racing and what not then we decidied to all do a run up the hill at once and sit and BS at the top instaead of the bottom. Let me tell ya, that had to of sounded awesome. 15 or so piped 4 strokes all hammering it at the same time. Of course I couldnt hear it since I was in the group LOL.

Quick Reply: DS Days, Sand mtn NV, Labor Day weekend