CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Days, Sand mtn NV, Labor Day weekend

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS Days, Sand mtn NV, Labor Day weekend

We will be closer to 30 DS's goin up at the same time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-09-2003, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

30!!! Man that would be awesome to see! ohh and to hear LOL.

Old 08-09-2003, 01:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Since I'm doing my own deal now, I think I may just head up for DS Days. I need to get some info though:

Any guess what tent camping is like there? At Dumont it seemed to me tent camping is fine; except for the one time the wind came up - my tent would have been at the base of the mountain. Are there any sand/wind issues I should expect? If I make it up and someone needs a tent to sleep in my tent is 11' x 17' and I think it can sleep just under a hundred. If the door was a little bigger, I'd probably sleep next to my DS.

Has anyone been to Sand Mountain with AT&T cell service, is it possible to make / recieve calls at camp? on top of the hill?

So far I see that about 2 or 3 other people from the LA area are going to head up, does anyone from this area wanna do a caravan up? What time are you guys leaving etc? Unless I have a reason to bring the trailer and BOTH DS' I think I'll just pack the Baja in the bed of the truck so I can save on gas & can drive faster, legally.

Old 08-09-2003, 03:28 AM
Pro Rider

tent camping is fine, lots of people do it, lots of people also sleep in the back of their trucks. You can get cell service from the top of the mtn or about 1/2 mile down the road towards hiway 50(lots of people ride down and call out from there) I actually go service from camp over memorial weekend. Hope you can make it. Sean

Old 08-12-2003, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

I have never got out on my AT&T Cell at the camping area. Top of the mountain sometimes works. I think the best coverage is on the access road where the Pony Express station turnoff is.

Jon

Old 08-12-2003, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider

I am seriousley considering Chris,i will get everything in order and will let you know about it..

Old 08-12-2003, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider

Well I am pretty darn positive I am heading up there on that Thursday. But right now it looks like I won't be coming back probably until Wedensday. Hey Sam let's chat about this ok. And you to Chris. We will need a Tent or something though.

Old 08-12-2003, 08:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Tony, Sam,

I've got a huge tent with enough room for a lot of gear and sleeping area (also stays fairly cool due to it's incredible size) so if we don't have other options I've got that covered. The tent is also a little over 6' tall (I don't remember exactly, either 6' or 6'5") in the center so it's not too bad getting up in the morning. I'm 90% sure I could leave on Thursday with no problems however I think coming back on Wednesday would be stretching it for me. (Though I'll look into the idea anyhow - I don't like the idea of coming back on Monday since the roads will ALL be crowded, that makes Tuesday a much better drive.) I'm up for carpooling if it works out that way as well.

Old 08-12-2003, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

Chris give me a call.

Old 08-12-2003, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

Tony i will call you,i just got approved for the days off so we will work something out,i might try to make it solo,the boys need some time alone too...later..

Quick Reply: DS Days, Sand mtn NV, Labor Day weekend