CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

which is the better head.RWR,Pami, TVI?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which is the better head.RWR,Pami, TVI?

The Race Head will be my next purchase. I'll probably go with the RWR just cuz of thier reputation and it's cheaper for me. I'll also get the twin 39mm carbs too. I should have all that in for 4 Stroke Wars at Glamis. My goal is to be pumping 65 HP out of my little stock bore motor! Yeee Haw!

Not Marky

Old 07-18-2003, 12:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider

gave this topic some thought today, i don't think it is as easy as which one is the best. there is several things to consider. first what bore are you going to run. and then what compression.
1-first thing i would ask is what is the turn around time- i think tvi has this one hands down
2- flow- they all flow much better than a stock head, here i would ask for flow chart, but if you aren't real strong on this as i'm not i guess some can flow better low and some better at top, you have to decide this but there all much better than stock
3- price- i know tvi goes with shim under bucket and it is 1750, i know the woods is in that range but what the valve shims are i don't know, and pami's i don't know, i know duneme got a good deal on one but i don't think it is a every day deal.
4- if you plan more than stock bore i'd lean to tvi or pami
5- hope this helps be sure you get what you want it is a perment thing.

Old 07-18-2003, 01:15 AM
Range Rover

thanks guy sfor the input. I'm going to stick to my stock bore with the high compression piston. I bought a RWR head off of Forcefed so we will see how it performs. My buddy has a TVI head so when we get our bike runnin' we will see what performs better! this should be fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-18-2003, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

Another thing to factor in is velocity. Dropping in jumbo valves isn't always the best way to go, the motor may only be suited for top end use. Smaller valves with better porting may whoop up on a head that shows better flow with bigger valves.The best way to test would be the same motor testing heads on a dyno. The motors people are putting together now are all over the board for carburation and cams.

Old 07-18-2003, 06:22 AM
Pro Rider

Your right Mysterid, but I know that RWR does very little if any Porting work with there heads. Mostly all your getting is bigger valves with them. TVI's head work is better you get a little more porting and combustion chamber work. Both of these guy's unfortunatlery are to damn expensive!! These heads should be going for about $1300.00. They have the price of these valves marked up almost 200%. The problem is these guy's won't tell you ere to get the valves! They both tell you P.M. but neither one of them will tell you which P.M. company they are talking about. There are only about a million! And unless you are a big dealer for them and or are a reputable engine builder they shine you on!!!! I know Gary will read this and I apologise, but these valve prices are ridiculous!! I can get a set of Titanium valves for the amount you guy's are charging. These valves shouldn't cost more than $100.00 for a set, but these guy's are charging $70.00 a piece! So you do the math.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] ANyway I hope I don't burn any bridges on this post but I think the public needs to be notified. Have a local head shop do the work for you, they can find the valves if they look hard enough and If you need the specs PM me. Save yourself about 4 to 5 hundred bucks.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Good luck.

Old 07-18-2003, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

The one and only thing that I consider when talking cylinder heads is FLOW! There are very few people in the world that can make a port "go to work" at high RPM. This is where efficient porting shows up. When porting is done right you can run smaller cams and have the same rpm range as someone with big cams, this gives you bottom end and mid range power also because your not running some gigantic cam to cover up the porting inefficiency. I think the companies mentioned here are in the 4-wheeler/motorcycle world but are not in the cylinder head world. Thats my .02

MrHorsepower

Old 07-18-2003, 10:42 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i did a fair amount of research on this head thing and i called ct allen wanted $1000 to port no valves. robertson was about the same. it seems there would be a lot more work with the bigger valves, just to fit them in. i know the price is hard to get over, but you have to ask yourself why you want one, and we all know the answer, SPEED. then you have the other side how many people actually buy race heads, is there 20 people with them that are on these forums? there may be more but it doesn't seem like there is a lot of them. well the last thing is i would suggest going with a builder, not a piece here and a piece there unless you have researched a kit, there are a few guys that can build a engine dsmike and samcoed come to mind, and i know there are others but they come to mind quick. but if you just put piston and cams in you may find that you didn't get as much as you had hoped for. the ds is showing with good flow and high compression and not 11-1 were talking 12.5 plus it starts to wake up, just what i've found. if you are in a area like the punisher and find someone that has a lot of head experience i guess that would work but, just remember it is around 800 to replace the head unless you can find a deal. oh and doesn't web sell valves for the ds. and if all else doesn't work go to napa dasandbomb finds all of his parts there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] not kidding about that, he has found the axle bearings and water pump seals and i could tell you what else.

Old 07-18-2003, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SANDMAN430
you may find that you didn't get as much as you had hoped for. the ds is showing with good flow and high compression and not 11-1 were talking 12.5 plus it starts to wake up, just what i've found.
Ok. I do remember kicking your a$$ with my big butt and my little 11.5:1 piston.... LOL - Just a little pre-weekend talk!

Marky

Old 07-18-2003, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider

But your wife beat me ... she's buff!

Old 07-18-2003, 02:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider

ywah she has a habit of doing that.

Quick Reply: which is the better head.RWR,Pami, TVI?