CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

which is the better head.RWR,Pami, TVI?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 03:47 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which is the better head.RWR,Pami, TVI?

I don't have an aftermarket head on my DS, but I have seen the TVI head and the RWR head next to each other. I am almost certain either the intake or exhaust valves were bigger on the TVI head. I could be wrong, but that's what I remember. I can understand wanting to get these heads cheaper, but you also need to remember that these guys have put a lot of time & $$ into R&D to get the heads into production. Just food for thought.

Old 07-18-2003, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

It takes 2 to 3 day's to figure out the R&D on these heads, they are very uncomplicated. The guy that built my head is going to buy his own DS here pretty soon and I am going to hate to see how evil that thing is going to be when he is finished with it![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] The guy worked for crane cams for almost 30 years and his specialty is Head work.

Old 07-21-2003, 04:48 PM
Range Rover

I for one would not buy a head from someone who spent 2-3 days on the R&D. If this guy is that good, hopefully he will be at DuneFest proving it. Oh, and I did check. The valves on the TVI head are bigger than the RWR valves. What do you have against Gary anyway?

Old 07-21-2003, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

I don't have anything against gary at all!! I like him very much, I just think that the prices could be a little more negotiable. And if you can't R&D a head in 3 full day's then you better get out of the business! Especially one that is as uncomplicated as the DS head. And Gary's valve's are exactly the same size as RWR's valves. 40mm intake and 34mm exhaust. They buy them from the same company. So next time Overkill do your own research before you come on here busting chops![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 07-21-2003, 06:57 PM
Range Rover

I've seen them. They are definitely bigger than the RWR valves. I talked to Gary the other day when I was picking up a K&N filter for my DS, and he confirmed it. I don't know how much more research it requires, but seeing them side by side was enough for me. You are right about one thing though. The company that makes the valves for RWR does also make the valves for TVI, but they are custom made for each company.

Tony, I'm not trying to make an enemy out of you, but I know what I saw. Maybe Gary had an earlier version of his head that had the same size valves that RWR is running, but the ones he produces now are not the same. If you are coming to DuneFest, I would definitely like to see your DS run.

Mike

Old 07-21-2003, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

I wish I could make it but I beleive my quad will be gone by then. Ask Gary what size those valves are and he will tell you 40mm intake and 34mm exhaust. The valves he showed you are the 32mm exhaust valves from Ron woods. Ron know has 34mm valves also. No worries, I am not angry at you at all, it is just when I know I am positive about something I like to back it up. I did a whole week of bending ears to try and get that info. Laterzzz and take care.

Old 07-21-2003, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

when i went to the rwr stageIII kit done,the head work was part of the kit. so then later when robertson did the 760 pami install he went over the head and checked it out. he was quick to note that the valve size on the exhaust side was not what rwr had told me? thats right another aftermarket guy pumping air up you'r a$$. now maybe because i was pushing him to get it done they skipped a step? trust is a hard thing to get ever get back.

Old 07-21-2003, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

Tony when are we taking the buggy out..Notice i said "we"..lol

when is the next trip out,?

Old 07-21-2003, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JEFFROE
when i went to the rwr stageIII kit done,the head work was part of the kit. so then later when robertson did the 760 pami install he went over the head and checked it out. he was quick to note that the valve size on the exhaust side was not what rwr had told me? thats right another aftermarket guy pumping air up you'r a$$. now maybe because i was pushing him to get it done they skipped a step? trust is a hard thing to get ever get back.
Jeff,

Who did you pay to have the Stage III work done?

Marky

Old 07-21-2003, 10:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider

well i'd like to say that i bought a race head from gary it was used it was a woods that pami modded for the 760, it has the same valves as garys head, gary had it bench flowed before he sold it to me, he said it flow as good as his in the low and mid and his had a bit better on top, he was very honest he said it had slightly bent valves, so he replaced all four, with his. he told me that i would be very happy with the results, and at this point i'm very happy, it revs to the moon. you guys that wonder what head to buy, don't worry so much there all good, and the results will rock your world, now my two cents are if you are racing for money go with tvi, best flow on top end. if you want the price go with tvi, if you want a full pami engine go with pami, if you run all woods go with woods. if you are concerned about the price i can assure you, you will be happy that you did when you feel the engine work, it is great, it may be the best mod i did. again if you are going to put a head on the engine, do a kit, just throwing parts together might not work. it has taken a lot of time on the phone tounderstand the kit. the way the piston fits into the head the way the piston squishes the fuel air mix. so i would recommend tvi, mrs sandman really would recommend tvi but she would probably recommend banshee if she was winning she is that way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] pami sounds really good but that shipping thing sucks and woods is great but stage three is it. don't know about sam coe but it doesn't sound good. for those of you worried about the price of stuff at tvi you need to shop there more, start small, there is this thing called frequent flyer miles know the program i'm talking about[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] plus if you need it next day chances are good you can have it. gary has taken a part off his bike for me before so i could make a ride weekend, if that isn't customer service. well i know there are lots of good experiences. lots of good guys to bad there are a few that make it bad for the rest.

Quick Reply: which is the better head.RWR,Pami, TVI?