CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

which is the better head.RWR,Pami, TVI?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 04:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which is the better head.RWR,Pami, TVI?

Craycraft has done a few DS heads. They did the headwork on roosters and it would scoot. All the head work and valves are useless if you can not dial it in. In the end you got to learn how to twist the wrenches to make her scream. It takes time. I have seen a lot of built quads run poorly due to the owners inability to dial it in. I say buy what you can afford and learn to dial it in. The chances of lining up against a dozen pammi 760 and 830's at your local riding area are slim to none. So build it/dial it in and have a blast.

I knowt DSmike has built faster DS's than pammi or anyone else has. I perfer to think out of the box a little and go with a builder that has built race cars for the last 30 years. Those guys and there owners seem to always be faster than the trinity's, CT's, powrolls etc.Those guys tons of knowlege and track time to get the most out of there projects. ATV Shops Have not spent the last 30 years trying to get the upmost hp. They have been building mx quads for the most part.

Old 07-22-2003, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

iron what do you mean who? rwr

Old 07-22-2003, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider

JEFFROE

I mean who did you pay. There are Ron Wood Racing dealers, and you can go to Ron Wood Racing directly. Who you pay is responsible to make things right. Therefore, I wanted to know who you paid, Ron Wood Racing direct, or a dealer?

Marky

Old 07-22-2003, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

How did those cams turn out jeffroe?

Old 07-22-2003, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SANDMAN430
well i'd like to say that i bought a race head from gary it was used it was a woods that pami modded for the 760, it has the same valves as garys head, gary had it bench flowed before he sold it to me, he said it flow as good as his in the low and mid and his had a bit better on top, he was very honest he said it had slightly bent valves, so he replaced all four, with his. he told me that i would be very happy with the results, and at this point i'm very happy, it revs to the moon. you guys that wonder what head to buy, don't worry so much there all good, and the results will rock your world, now my two cents are if you are racing for money go with tvi, best flow on top end. if you want the price go with tvi, if you want a full pami engine go with pami, if you run all woods go with woods. if you are concerned about the price i can assure you, you will be happy that you did when you feel the engine work, it is great, it may be the best mod i did. again if you are going to put a head on the engine, do a kit, just throwing parts together might not work. it has taken a lot of time on the phone tounderstand the kit. the way the piston fits into the head the way the piston squishes the fuel air mix. so i would recommend tvi, mrs sandman really would recommend tvi but she would probably recommend banshee if she was winning she is that way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] pami sounds really good but that shipping thing sucks and woods is great but stage three is it. don't know about sam coe but it doesn't sound good. for those of you worried about the price of stuff at tvi you need to shop there more, start small, there is this thing called frequent flyer miles know the program i'm talking about[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] plus if you need it next day chances are good you can have it. gary has taken a part off his bike for me before so i could make a ride weekend, if that isn't customer service. well i know there are lots of good experiences. lots of good guys to bad there are a few that make it bad for the rest.
Sandman,

Did you get the steam issue fixed?

Marky

Old 07-22-2003, 12:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider

yes i did and things were much better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-22-2003, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

ron wood direct. and by the way ron told me he farms out the machining work for his heads. so who's doing the work anyway?

Old 07-22-2003, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks! Thats who is responsible for making it right. Lots of things get farmed out. This includes Pami, TVI, RWR, and even Boeing. But they guy you pay is responsible for making it right. Have you approached them?

Old 07-22-2003, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider

i run a chevy dealership and have had alot of experience with customers, he said she said crap. i let it go because i was'nt about to tie up my build up any longer than it already was. being 2000 miles from rwr makes going over this stuff hard, i just paid robertson to correct the head and faded away pissed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 07-22-2003, 01:32 PM
Range Rover

Tony,

Thanks for correcting me. I was not aware that RWR had changed the size of their valves. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Sorry to hear about you selling your DS. I can't imagine parting with mine, sometimes you gotta make a change.

Quick Reply: which is the better head.RWR,Pami, TVI?