CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

throttle stiffness---tm45 vs Lectron 44

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle stiffness---tm45 vs Lectron 44

Originally posted by: MisterHP
I wonder what happens when she snaps the throttle on her pro stock drag bike.
MrHorsepower

She gets sponsor money? J/K [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Well, I'm all for more power. I know that Sand45 and I were both dynoed with identical motor mods at 4 stroke wars. He was running the Lectron and I was running the TM45. I was 2-3 horsepower more. All I am saying is, there are differences perhaps that either side is not taking into account - for example the TM-45 Accl Pump jet size - Currently the best available is the 50, but it could really use a 45 - so what would happen then - 3-4 horsepower more? In the end, I don't think the differences will amount to much anyways. Currently I am a big fan of the Mikuni TM45. However, when I get my race head, I'll be running the twin 39s. And if ya'll are making decisions on a carb based on your sorry-*** thumb (smiling when I say that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) then by God you should get a Lectron - Even the name sounds wussy! LOLOLOLOL!

That was fun!

Old 07-26-2003, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

Does anyone make an intake for a 46 or 48mm lectron?

Old 07-26-2003, 10:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Here's what I still don't understand - you say the Lectron atomizes fuel better, and atomized fuel burns better than heavy squirts of fuel from a pumper - well how does the atomized fuel get up the metering rod of the Lectron? The same way it gets up the needle of any other carb - vacuum. Vacuum takes more time to deliver than forced pressure. Now how does this Lectron atomize the fuel? The same way any other carb does, including a pumper.

They each have their pros and cons, there's room in the quad world for both. there are plenty of people with plenty of dyno results that can make claims on either side, you gotta go with what strikes your fancy. I personally like the construction of TM's, they could not be any smoother or more conveniently put together.

Old 07-26-2003, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

I have one of the lectron 46 HV's on order and will give you my review in a couple of weeks.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2003, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

Buttfungus, Please check your PM![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2003, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

<FONT face=Verdana size=1>DCryder,

Look what you started [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

WOO HOO, thank you Mister HP for clarifying that. </FONT>

Old 07-27-2003, 03:19 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, i've been asking around trying to figure out the best carb for me, now after dirt dragging tonite i'm going to have to ask around to try to figure out what's wrong with my TRANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2003, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

The reason for you Hightower is that the Lectron has a Triangle shaped needle. So the the fuel hits the sharp end and it atomizes it better than a Round needle will. That is the theory behind it from what I understand. Also no one aswered my Question, who makes a intake manifold for the bigger lectrons?

Old 07-27-2003, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

ThePunisher, I'm having my stock carb intake ported to match the Lectron 46 HV. I don't know if someone makes one just for the lectron to fit the ds or not.

Old 07-27-2003, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

The needle has a flat on the side that faces the engine. It actually works on the principle of an aircraft wing. As air passes by the needle it creates lift on the back side where the flat is. This pulls fuel out of the bowl more efficient that a typical round needle. Since fuel is lifted out of the bowl with greater velocity the needle can be larger (leaner) this is what creates the atomization. Its like putting your thumb over the end of a garden hose. Same amount of volume but pushed through a smaller hole with greater velocity. You get the same amount of fuel but its in a lightweight fog instead of heavy vapor. That spells throttle response.Eric

Quick Reply: throttle stiffness---tm45 vs Lectron 44