CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Installation of Lectron Carb....questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installation of Lectron Carb....questions

Anyone here used a stock throttle cable to use with your lectron? I used a dremmel to cut away at that hex shaped housing which butts it to the stock throttle cable. It gives me the right amount of slack to get it in there. However it can be pulled out. I fear maybe off a rough jump or a series of whoops I might pull out and stay wide open.

Also it doesn't open all the way. I hear you can grind away a part of the throttle housing so the stock lever will have enough throw.

Old 07-27-2003, 08:44 PM
Range Rover

I have a billet hpd throttle if your interested. It might be easier than trying to make the stocker work. I think Rockey is the only one using the stock throttle for a lectron carb, maybe he will have some answers.

Old 07-28-2003, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

Crash how much ya want for it? DO you have to use an aftermarket cable? I kind of like the look of the stocker. If I can get it to work with the stock thumb throttle I'll be happy. I truly believe if there is a will, there is a way.

What concerns me most is there really isn't anything other than the small tension that keeps the cable into the carb. I'm going to try and hunt for some tiny o-rings (almost as small as the ones found in an o-ring chain) perhaps put two in there and dab the top with some silicone to hold it firmly in place.

Old 07-28-2003, 02:33 AM
Trailblazer

I run the stock thumb with a lectron.. All i did is sand down hte hex part of the cable and threaded it to match the top of the lectron. And modified the thumb part of the throdle by cutting the side open and just putting a piect of tape to keep the dird out it has worled perfect for allmost a year. Can post pic if needed....

Old 07-28-2003, 09:11 AM
Pro Rider

Please post a pic! I'm assuming your grinded the stopper as well underneath the thumb throttle. I would greatly appriciate any pics you can send.