CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Talk about problem's with new ds650's 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2000, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, I checked them out and as I suspected, they were fine. I remembered seeing the ones on top, since they are so easy to see while sitting on the quad.

I would occasionally look at the front suspension while riding, since it is kinda cool with those nifty Hot Rod style fenders. Plus, being a new bike, both in design and just being new, I was watching everything to make sure it stayed together.

I am guessing that even though the two DS650's that we have are 1999 builds, they were late models, since both have had the brake lines routed properly and the circlips look fine. The only problem we have had was the axle bearing retainer coming loose and some possible jetting problems. I know that mine wasn't checked out for these problems, since I bought it the day that they recieved them Jan 18th) and they said that they didn't receive the notices until later.

Laters,
CRT_Leech

Old 05-25-2000, 12:34 PM
Trailblazer

How has your DS been holding up?

Old 05-26-2000, 01:50 AM
Trailblazer

Well my DS has been running great so far I think I have to greese the front end up somethings squeeking I'll do that tommorow it's been real rainy here the last couple of weeks and after I have been rideing I usually wash my bike and oil the chain before I put it away for the night and I think thats why its squeeking alittle. It sounds like a a arm so I'll put the juice to it tommorow. That dam oil light has been giving me problems but other then that nuttin else wrong yet. I hope I dont have other problems cause if I do I think I have and idea that just might get there attention. Remember about the bus in london. Well this will be a quad in canada
Just kiddin

Bomber

Old 05-26-2000, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

Bus in London? I don't think I heard that one. I don't have time to watch the news that much.

Yea, I noticed that the a-arm grease seems to run and seep easy. It's kinda funny that they say not to use synthetic oil for the engine, but they say that you should use synthetic grease for the a-arms. :-)

I may use a waterproof synthetic if there is one, or use a "Marine" grease. I don't know, depends on what the bushings are constructed from, maybe they need synthetic, or they will deteriorate faster???

That's another question for Bombardier. :-)

Old 05-27-2000, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider

Just a guess, but they are probably made of polyurethane (which squeaks quite easy).

I have a complete set of polyurethane bushings in the front end of my mustang. The instructions that came with the kit suggested using synthetic grease to prevent squeaking.

A friend of mine, who works at a local garage, gave me a tube of this grease (it was red in color) to use. It worked GREAT! However I've been out of it for quite some time, I'll have to find out what it was again.

(OH, I just remembered something, so I thought I'd edit my response, the grease I used had a high silicone content, which made it less susceptible to water.)

Old 05-27-2000, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider

you must be damn rich to own a ds650 those things are nice man....anyways Iwas wondering how do you guys say bombardier
Do you day it as(bom-bar-deay) or (bom-a-deer) ???

Old 05-27-2000, 02:16 PM
Trailblazer

The first way your described it ATV_MAN. Well my ds has been running pretty stong no problems yet to report.
Bomber

Old 05-27-2000, 06:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

My wife just rode a DS and wants to sell her LT250. Before plunking down the cash I was hopeing you in this forum would direct me. She is an agressive rider, rides mostly desert, sand and although she doesn't race the Baja 500 she does ride the course. Unfortuneately I am 2 wheel trash and don't know quads that well.(I do have a LT500)I really just want to know if with reasonable riding and maintenance its reliable.

Old 05-30-2000, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

Hmm, that could very well be. I had urethane bushings on my Baja, and they needed to be greased up pretty good. They last a long time, but they do indeed tend to squeek mroe than rubber. I am suprised that they would use something besides aluminum or bronze. I shouldn't be though, since the urethane is probably a better choice as far as durability and shock reduction.

Thanks for the info.

Laters,
CRT_Leech

Old 06-02-2000, 02:52 AM
Trailblazer

Well this weekend I'm going rideing with the head mechanic of the dealship that I bought this bike from to prove to them that I'm not nut's. I have been having problems again. First off shifting problems this dam engine wont stay in first gear just like the first one and sometimes it's hard to shift into second and the bike backfires threw the card and stall's out then it's hard to get it started again. So it's off rideing I got to prove to people that I'm not nuts. I'll fill everyone in when I get back.

Bomber

Quick Reply: Talk about problem's with new ds650's 2