CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Talk about problem's with new ds650's 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2000, 12:18 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wonder why my forum was locked?

Old 05-22-2000, 12:21 AM
Trailblazer

O well i just started a new one

Well good news fellow ds owners I went out today for about 5 hours and no problems at all. I am still breaking in this new motor that was just installed so I will keep you up to date on what happens. Hopefully nightly.

Bomber

Old 05-22-2000, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

Congratulations! Good job on getting it back together. I am glad that Bombardier has put some effort into resolving your problems.

Now lets hope that Bombardier helps out everyone else successfully.

Laters,
CRT_Leech

Old 05-22-2000, 11:05 PM
Trailblazer

Well this is day 2 of rideing nothing to report as of yet. The only thing that was funny about this morning was the oil pressure light came on I think it was due to the fact that I had put my bike on it's rear wheels to wash it the day before but the light went out and then I went rideing. Today I took a nasty spill on my bike I was trying to climb a pile of creek stone when my bike dug in and I saddle bagged it I then pushed off to back down the pile and when I got to the bottom of it the bike came right over top of me. I caught the bike by the handle bars and foot pegs as I was on my back and pushed it right over top of me the bike basicly did a summer salt and landed back on its wheels the only thing that happend to the bike was I broke one of the headlight mounts and scratched the front bumper alittle. Well thats it for today hope to hear from someone soon.

Bomber

Old 05-23-2000, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

Ouch, I hope you fared well. The DS is easier to repair than the rider, in most cases, and usually cheaper.

Keep us updated.

I got a notice for two registered letters (one for each DS) from the post office that I need to pick up today, from Bombardier. Has anyone else already recieved these?

Laters,
CRT_Leech

Old 05-23-2000, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

I got one yesterday it is a saftey recall on the circlip for the front ball joints. It said that they could be installed wrong or even missing!! If they are missing or wrong it could cause the ball joints to be unstable and lose of control. There is one on each ball joint. I took mine to the dealer yesterday afternoon and had him look at it and they were all ok and it only took about 10 min. good luck...

Old 05-23-2000, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, thanks for the response!

I will have to check that out. Dealing with my dealer though, that quick trip may end up taking all day, though. There has been another DS sitting outside on their fenced in lot for over a month. Of course you know it rains up here all the time, so I feel really sorry for the dude. Granted, it's an ATV and it's going to get exposed to the elements while riding, in most cases, but to just leave it out in the sun and rain like that, without even covering it, really bites it big time.

I guess thats why when we sell used ATV's they go fast though. We take care of them. We just sold a 350X with the original paint still on the exhaust, no rust! I would have prefered to keep it, but we have too many vehicles around here.

Laters,
CRT_Leech

Old 05-23-2000, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

No probem, I'm always glad to help out a fellow DS owner. My dealer told me that I could inspect it myself to save a trip, all you have to make sure that there is a black clip on the top of the upper ball joint and one on the bottom of the lower ball joint. They should be seated flush with the A arm. I took it to the dealer just to be safe. Really all dealer should need to do is look at them and he should be able to tell if it is ok or not. later and good luck...

Old 05-24-2000, 12:40 AM
Trailblazer

Well its day three and of course I couldnt go riding today it rained all day here in pennsylvania so I will hopefully be able to go rideing tommorow.

Bomber

Old 05-24-2000, 12:41 AM
Trailblazer

Quick Reply: Talk about problem's with new ds650's 2