CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS not what it should be

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 10:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS not what it should be

2002 Black/White Raptor--11:1, titanium springs, Stage2 hotcam Pro Design, K&N, dynojet stage 2 160-165 mains, Full CT pipe ,+4 swingarm, renthals
Alright we have mis information. Hrbart said you were piped. You obviously have way more than that. In light of this new information your DS friend will not blow your Raptor away with his stage 3 DS. You guys will run fairly even with the better racer winning.

Now, if your friend with the 400ex is realy a 400ex and not a 465 on alcohol then he shouldn't be anywhere in the picture.

Old 08-02-2003, 12:59 AM
sam
Pro Rider

after you check the other advice out try this

if its the stock carb air box lid on
if its a 45mm carb lid off
my experiance with the stock carb because it operates off of vacume it dose not open or respond to it full potental unless the lid is on. ive tried it both ways ive lost drags with lid off and rejetted and won with lid on .my 2 cents worth
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-03-2003, 02:17 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for all the advise we now have a list of places to start. About the mods to my bike I am In the process of instaling them right now waiting on head work and cylinder bore ect. This was about three weeks ago when we had them lined up. I orderd them when my friend with the ds put those stage three mods on his bike. I did not want to get smoked all the time so you could see our concern when I was still beating him with my bike just piped and jetted I am convinced that my longer swingarm is a big advantage but his bike should have a great advantage. Thanks for all the advise and we will keep you informed of the progress Raptrman!!!!!

Old 10-11-2003, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

I found this thread while doing a search on carbs. Does anyone know what became of the slow DS?