CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

back from dunefest

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 02:26 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default back from dunefest

well ironrods post was on as far as the price, it was rather silly to pay that much to camp on the sand. the alcohol ban was probably a good thing, people get to wound up there, i think we all had alcohol, but the search kept it out of the stupid peoples hands. the vendor row was more than fine my, wife and kids can spend to much money there, i guess i wouldn't want to see a good vendor row. and the people were great.

the races- were poor at best. the sand was about 6inch of fluff so if you didn't have about the first two runs on a fresh groom it was crap, the classes were down right awful.

in the team relay team alba reps challenged tvi, it is a race 100 yds to a burm and back hand off a ring to the next rider- so it was raptors against ds's- losers take pie in the face on the drag strip

well the nos 760 went down and on the way over i had a clutch problem i'll explain that later so the 720 was out so we ran with 3 ds's my wifes stage 2- garys 680 had to run twice and a 760 pami, can't say what all was done to the raptors one had nose and a couple of them were shops so who knows they knew what they were racing against and they made the challenge.

well the raptors went first and two of there riders wnet over the burm. well our turn came and leave it to me i came in the burm to hot on the wifes and went over rode it out so it didn't seem like a big deal, actully worked out pretty good. it tripped the clock on both teams so we reran. well the raptors got on there A game and turned in a time that put them in first place. next came our turn we made it thur the thing in good form this time, we jumped into first place by over 5 seconds. then came the team that beat our time they had a banshee bash for fastest banshee and let say the fastest banshee was there anchor, that thing was really fast. so yes the raptor guy got pie in the face in front of everyone. the ds's came in as runner up so not to bad. it was a fun event.

Old 08-04-2003, 02:48 AM
Pro Rider

we just got back too and i was way disiponted with the whole thing, it cost so much to do anything, the most funist thing was the drags at night where every body met and every body could drag, but that sucked too because right at dark the cops came and closed it down. and if you raced after that the cops wrote you a ticket for un-controlled racing. is that full of BS or what..........

kc

Old 08-04-2003, 03:03 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

This is the dunefest I that I know. You pay for the privelege of being rounded up and harassed by the cops. I hope at least you guys had fun with each other. I was flip flopping on going but now I'm sure I made the right choice. I think just getting together on a good weekend kicks but on these events and are alot cheaper.