CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

what happened to Extreme garage forum??

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what happened to Extreme garage forum??

anybody know? it's been inaccesable for weeks. Dang there were a lot of good pics on that site[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2003, 01:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

yeah, I had a bunch of pics from my trip out to utah and idaho up there, sure wish this site had that ability.

I've been wondering the same thing myself, I even went to the home page of extreme garage to se if there was an explanation but there wasn't that I could find....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

hey majorecho, I meant to mention to you that I played with my gearing on the mountain the next day after I met you and got things tweeked quite a bit better. I was geared way too high for those 10 paddle haulers and my weight, but a 14T front took me up the Face in 3rd gear 7K all the way, and that jet drop sure was helping out every step too. Next time I come out, prolly next year, I'll leave home with my bike already setup and ready, since I got a little seasoned this time around. And I'll be getting rid of those tires I was wearing.

Old 08-06-2003, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

I saw a page that was up for about a day that said in essence that the server company had gone out of bussiness, I hope they bring it back but haven't been able to contact them by Email, being able to post pics is very sweet, atv connection is the only board I go to that you cant [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] but then with some of the folks who post in here.....

Old 08-06-2003, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider

Posting pics in a thread would be nice. I know this forum software is capable of doing it, it is just disabled by the moderators.

There are some drawbacks to it, like spamming some pictures, non-family oriented content, SLOWER page load times, some threads could also get unorganised with so many pics.

I would still like it be enabled though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2003, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider

TyreSpinner,

These forums are displaying 68,000 pages a day. Imagine the bandwidth use if the threads had pics in them. We decided it was better to limit pics to the photo gallery or let people link to pics on their own site and use up their bandwidth. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2003, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider

Yea I thought of that too.

But what if you could link an image from your own server, so that it appears in the thread?!?

Then it's our own bandwidth...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2003, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

I thought of that. The problem is let's say someone posts an image that is 1200 pixels wide. Now they've forced the forum thread off the right side of the screen. Pics are kind of cool, I agree. But they can also trash a forum in terms of making the forum look very messy. When the person shuts down there web site, what happens to the photo in our threads? There really isn't any great solution. The only thing I can think of is creating a photo forum where folks could post pics but only in that one forum. I don't have the time to modify the software for that. Maybe one day down the road.....

Old 08-06-2003, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

Hehe, I also thought of the messyness myself.

It's cool man, just a suggestion [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2003, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider

Keep 'em coming! Always looking for ways to improve the forums for our readers.

Old 08-07-2003, 03:17 AM
Pro Rider

I emailed EG and asked them a few weeks back and they never responded.