CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Possibility of DS paint job...need opinions...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possibility of DS paint job...need opinions...

I saw this guy in my neighbourhood today on a stock Z400...but the plastics had been painted and clearcoated some cool-looking orangy-brown look...

My jaw dropped at how cooler it looked with that kind of paint and color.

I can get a good deal on a paint job from the same guy that did his....

I was thinking of getting the rear fenders and fronts painted gold....and the front cowl painted a good tone of silver. I was daydreaming about this at work today.......then I got home all excited...took a peek at my quad and noticed the seat...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]. A big yellow and black seat on a gold and silver quad....Damn.

What do you guys suggest I do?

And any color recommendations if I was to find a way around the seat being yellow...

Jeff

Old 08-10-2003, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

It will just bubble and chip off and look like crap..... Not worth the time and money unless you can find paint that will work with plastic..... Oh and the Krylon Fusion plastic paint is a joke I guess so there is no paint that would be suited for flexable plastic painting.....JMO, but my Dad had a 'zuki 250r and had it PROFESSIONALLY painted by a custom painter and it had the best and I MEAN THE BEST looking plastic I've seen..... That worked I guess.... So may be that's the only way to make it right?......

Old 08-10-2003, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

That's what I meant...a professional painter...with a shop. Using real car paints and clearcoat.

This stuff will not crack, whiten or chip when the plastic is bent (to a certain degree, of course). The finish on the Z400 was flawless, shiny and just sweet. Looked like the paint off a brand new expensive car.

Old 08-10-2003, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

If you go to a good paint shop they will use a flex agent in the paint and it will be just like the plastic bumpers on cars. It will look good for ever. As for the seat cover, look through the old posts and there are a few threads that deal with who is the best @ custom covers.

Justin