CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Stock Axle straightening... who in San Diego?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Axle straightening... who in San Diego?

Okay...

I hoped it wasn't so. But that nice whobble I have on my left side is a bent axle.
Instead of forking out $250+ on a Durablue (stock width)....

Anyone know where in San Diego I can get one straightened??

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-17-2003, 07:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't know, I'm in Indiana - but just for a sign of hope for you I've had an axle straightened at a local machine shop over here, to within .004" of perfect for $20. its not a very big deal, I'm sure you have several places to choose from. get out the yellow pages and start calling them.

Old 08-17-2003, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

WOW!! That's a coincidence... While I'm replacing my axel bearings again I'm also bringing my axel to get straightend tomorrow. I'm gonna take it to a near by machine shop to see if they can do which I'm positive that they can.... Mine's bent pretty bad on the right side from going sideways on too many 60-80 foot flat lander jumps......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2003, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: PUSHINTHELIMIT
Mine's bent pretty bad on the right side from going sideways on too many 60-80 foot flat lander jumps
ya got any picts of that? i'm only going about 40ft now, wat kinda tricks do you do?

Old 08-17-2003, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry no pics.... You probably don't believe me huh? Well a 40ft jump isn't gonna bend my axel unless I really f#ck up on a jump. But 80ft is probably the farthest so far but the flat landings suck bad lol!! I will try to take some pics when I can..... I will get some pics of me water skippin' this winter also. I can do no footers, no handers, no hander landers, nothings, one footed can can.... Gonna attempt a no footed can can when I find a jump that I feel comfortable enough on...... I did a superman once on my friends dirt bike but I crashed.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

I did a good 80ft jump last winter..... I hit the jump in 5th tapped out on a small peninsula on a lake and it was a pretty wild landing lol...... That's what started my axel wobble, and it only got worse.

Old 08-17-2003, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

i believe ya, my jump is built onto a hill and i'm hittin it in 3rd n gettin that far, so hit it flat ground in 5th and i don't see why you couldn't get that far, my bro hit the same jump on our ds in 5th about half throttle and got about 60-65 feet, think it kinda scared him tho, the only tricks i can do is no footer, no hander, no handed lander but i haven't done that in awhile since last time i did that i rolled the quad, and i'm workin on syran wrap(sp?), i've got 2 picts of me jumpin here, i was watchin the X Games and Pastrana and Degan are doing 360s now, and doin 75' heelclicker backflips, those guys are nuts!

Old 08-17-2003, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know how much you weigh, but it must not be much. I MUST hit the downside of a jump that big. I am a big guy and over jumped a 45ft tabletop once. I blew out both of my front shocks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]. I can now do the 40 and 55ft. tabletops at my local tracks. I am so big they nicknamed me the flying Freightliner. The weight of me in my gear and the DS is about 825lbs.

Ride quietly and carry a big quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Old 08-17-2003, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

i'm about 200lbs and i was shocked that i didn't blow the shocks out on that one, i came down so hard the frame dug into the ground

Old 08-17-2003, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

Been there done that. Do you still run the stock front shocks or have you switched to aftermarket?

Old 08-17-2003, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

well since mine are still good i'm stickin wit the, i can't afford aftermarket, altho i'd luv some Elkas

Quick Reply: Stock Axle straightening... who in San Diego?