CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Which bore kit...(better?) LOL

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which bore kit...(better?) LOL

I just seen the insides of Annihilators SamCoe 763cc.......
And I wouldn't let SamCoe touch my lawnmower[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
That motor is ruined...the flywheel was loose,the drive assembly nut on the crank had fallon off(wasn't tightened,no loc-tite???)..inturn the crank drive gear back off..then the nut and lock washer went thru the motor...grinding up some internals parts[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Ruining a few gears and the clutch basket.The main bearings and crank are shot too!!The cylinder in scored,the cams are worn and chiped.Looks like it was run with out oil?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
The clutch was combination of barnett and stock plates and steels???
I could go on on.....it was ugly..I feel sorry for the Annihilator [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2003, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

If I were you and I say this if you plan on putting the motor back together yourself. I would not go with the Pami stuff. Very Expensive and the tolerances are a little to be desired. You have to be very careful about the Squish with there stuff. TVI has things a little more dialed in, in that respect. Also the Pami piston is a 2 ring piston and you can expect to see some substantial blow by. The Gasket Pami uses now for the 760 and 830 is the same that Samcoe uses, it is made by Cometic. You ALWAYS need to use a sealant on these bigger bore motors. I recommend Pliobond or Yamabond. And to Duneme's question I think about whether the Head Gasket is reusable or not. It is most definatley is reuseable.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] You jsut have to pay close attention when pulling it apart that you don't bend the upper and lower material to much., Just use a knife as you pull it apart to seperate the Gasket from the head. And to get the material off the fastest is to use Acetone.

Old 08-19-2003, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Jeff, is Hotdog stand creeping around your pad with you right now?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2003, 10:37 PM
ox
Pro Rider

Now look at all the help you got once you edited your title. Dare I say...."Told yuh so!" ??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2003, 11:19 PM
Elite Pro Rider

well i would have no problem buying a engine from pami (other than price) or gary at tvi, it has been said he is grumpy, well maybe it is just a carpenter thing i like the guy, i thought that grumpy stuff was being nice[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] you have to ask your self why a guy is being to nice some times. i've heard godfey can be a little difficult. notice a pattern here grumpy/good engine. samcoe not so good engine, knutz was nice but didn't he have a few issues. i've heard pami had to clean somethings up for him, and i know now for a fact that gary ate some engine parts for him (racehead). so for the most part give me a grumpy guy, that is good at what he does. well it is getting exciting about ds days, i just want to ride with others that like the ds, for the most part around here were outnumbered in a big way. i agree with tony that the higher the compression the better.

Old 08-20-2003, 08:30 AM
Pro Rider

I really dont know anyone close by that could help my tear into the beast, and some of the people i do know said they wouldnt touch it?? dont know why. I guess i'd be willing to do it myself with guidance.

And to ox.....YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! LMAO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2003, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

The RW's kits are the best bag for the buck. They are fast. The Pami's are in there own league. No short cuts in the Pami products. Lots of power, and cc's.

Old 08-20-2003, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider

I would like to add that newer Woods kits have much more potential. Go with 14.0-1 piston and .425 lift races, upgraded valve springs and maybe his alky kit with the 45 carb. Maybe have someone clean up the ports and you will have a bike that will handle 75-90% of what you come across. Remember the actual boring does very little for power gains.

Old 08-20-2003, 10:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider

the compression is a good thing, the bore is something everyone does except woods

Old 08-20-2003, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

And I wouldn't let SamCoe touch my lawnmower
LMFAO!!!!!!

The RW's kits are the best bag for the buck. They are fast
I'm excited to see what my stage 3 with dual carbs will do against the 703's and 720's.

Quick Reply: Which bore kit...(better?) LOL