CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

There's something wrong with my computer or the forum...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default There's something wrong with my computer or the forum...

Ok this only happens when I'm on ANY and ONLY on a thread page... It doesn't do this on the main page where you click on the threads but on the threaded pages themselves. What happens is when I'm on a threaded page it takes me FOREVER to scroll down or up... I turn my scroll dial on my mouse and it goes SUPER SLOW and it will barly move down.... Even when I click to the side and try to move down or up it takes forever and it's Annoying as hell!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] This just started doing this to me last night and it ONLY does it on the threaded pages!! Everywhere else it's fine when I scroll up or down, so..... WTF!! Is there something wrong with the forum software again? It can't be just my computer cuz it only does it on threaded pages......... Can someone fix it lol......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2003, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

It sounds to me like your computer is low on memory when it does that. You can test to see if thats the problem by restarting your comp, and try not to open many programs, just head straight to the forums. Is your computer new or old, and how much memory does it have. If the page is fully loaded and it takes a while to scroll then its usually memory causing it. If its taking a while to load then it could be your internet.
RR01

Old 08-20-2003, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

spy sweeper

Download the demo and run "Spy Sweeper". You probably have some spy ware that's hiding on your system. I have a firewall and anti virus software and this program found 78 different "cookies" spying on me. It also killed my system like that.

Old 08-20-2003, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

hehe. I love to hear non techies talk..
Ok, RAM is probably not your issue, if it was it would not react like that on a forum text based page. You may notice it in certin JAVA or FLASH based sites. If it was ram you browser woudl react generally the same way. Even if you have 10 seperate browsers open they will operate correctly. They are paged to the disk when not active.
SPY systems will not slow down the oeration of the of the system. Cookie based tracking is only active when you REVISIT the site that published it. So, stay off the **** and crapy download sites and you generally wont get spy cookies. Many sites use cookies to save personal information or auto log on to sites. Just like THESE forums use cookies. You can simpy turn off cookies if you like.
SPYware also come from really stupid and crappy software you install.
What I recomed you do since this ONLY effects one page in your browser try this..
If you are using IE close all open IE windows.
Goto the control pannel and then click on internet options.
Click the DELETE files and also check the offline files. Clear that IE cache.
Then clear the History. The history is NOT just a list of locations it referances the cache so clear it also.
You can delte cookies if you like. Rember it will lose any auto logons you have or website that rember YOU as a user.

Depending on WHAT operation system you are using clean out the system temp directorys.
XP/2000 = c:\ "your windows folder\temp AND c:\documents and Settings\"your user"\local settings\temp clean these out.

if its 95/98/me its just c:\windows\temp

clean all that crap out and reboot. Then reopen your browser. If that don't work PM me.

Old 08-20-2003, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

Or it could simply be the keyboard to chair connection [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2003, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

Ok, I deleted all my cookies (almost 3000 of em!!!!)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I restarted my computer and it's still doing it. SO what do I do now? Thanks for the help by the way.

Old 08-21-2003, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

Did you do what I said or did you just delete the cookies?
post the link to the page that give you issues... is it just the forums.atving.com? or is it the forums.atvconnection.com/categories.cfm/catid/6.cfm

Trending Topics

Old 08-21-2003, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

It only does it on pages like this page were on right here. I deleted all of my temparary internet files and cookies and everything. I restarted my computer and it still does it... only on pages like this right here... not the catagory page. Just the threaded. I'm not sure that it's my computer because of this....

Old 08-21-2003, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

Dude that sucks.. What version of IE are you running?? Make sure you get the most uptodate.. I have version 6 with SR 2 for XP. Use windows update and get the most current service pack for you OS and for IE.. If you have a dialup then it sucks to be you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2003, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

Ya I have a $hitty dial up!! I'm about to have a yard sale after I throw this som bitch out the f#%kin window!!! I have windows '98 and whatever version of IE that it came with in '99 I'm sick of this outdated crap!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: There's something wrong with my computer or the forum...