CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

First Ride 03 Baja

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 11:12 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Ride 03 Baja

Last weekend was the first real ride on the baja,,,went to a motor cross track it was practice all day long,,,,went out there with no adjustment to the suspention or anything, just tooled around still breaking it in,,,,ran great had a blast out there it was my first time out on a track I loved how it turned everyone's head they didn't know what it was no one out here in Maryland rides one,,,,the only problem I had was I was bottoming out every were and in the turns the front end would just fall on its face,,,I don't know that much about setting up ATV's any advice on suspention set up? and are the stock shocks rebuildable so I can get a low stance out of this bad boy,,,and if they are or are not how can I lower this thing the right way

Old 08-22-2003, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

Depending on how big a boy you are the front shocks may never work. I had to land tail heavy with throttle to keep from bottoming the front on even a small jump. The fronts are not rebuildable, but the rear is. The rear is a quality unit that can be set up nicely. Buy a shop manual or do a search on the forum for shock, suspension, etc. and there will be lots of info. I went with pro-series Works for $800 for the front and am going to have my rear shock re-valved and so far it is amazing how well it jumps on dirt considering I am 300 pounds and 6'7". As far as lowering the quad you may have to step up to stadium series Works or Elka's with the self sagging device. These will allow you to drop the quad for MX use. I hope this helps[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

BajaIowa

Old 08-22-2003, 11:32 AM
Trailblazer

ya if I landed the rear first it didn't bottem out but if I landed flat of the rear kicked and I landed on the front it bottemed,,,,also I wasn't landing on the down side of the jumps either I am still breaking it in so I didn't want to run it to hard and that is what I need more speed to clear them thanks alot for the info