CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Can't rev past 5g's

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003 | 02:33 AM
|
Range Rover
Default Can't rev past 5g's

ATVMX,

My battery was not dead had plenty of charge... While I was working on it tonight I didn't have power, so I thought mabye I lost a ground somewhere.... Half way through my oil change I flipped the switch and had power... ok all is good... Got it all put back together pulled it out of the garage to start it and was fine, then I remembered to turn the gas on, turned the gas on and now power....RRRRRRRRRR....

I checked my fuses, good....started to wonder, looked @ the battery sure sheet the bolt holding the positive was almost all the unscrewed....screwed it back in and now everything is running fine.... If I would have looked @ that right away I would have never tore the hole thing apart....but it was a very good learning experience.

Thank you everybody for the help, I feel like an ID10T now....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Night!!!

Old 08-25-2003 | 04:08 AM
Pro Rider

Mine did the same thimg this weekend and it ended up that the float was set to low and when I would get after it it was running out of fuel and over whoops the float would bounce up and down turning the gas on and off.
Hope I helped
Marrtoo

Old 08-25-2003 | 12:07 PM
Pro Rider

BabyMoose, I guess you should have listened to the first reply from ATVMX[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]. Oh well, everyone needs to know the ins and outs of their quads so they can do better maintenece in the future and they know what to look for. Good luck with your new quad and show us some pictures[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Justin

Old 08-25-2003 | 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

I know it was already touched on, but the battery is the simplest thing to check voltage for. Usually, they will cut out as you reach 5K and then slowly get down to 1 or 2 K RPM - then they will go completely dead. If you try to charge, they wont. Personally, I wouldn't be taking the carb apart until you've absolutely ruled out the battery. But, its will end up being one of those two.

Old 08-25-2003 | 07:55 PM
Trailblazer

I had the same problem, but it would only idle, no R's at all. I cleaned the carb and Tank and put new spark plugs in. I think it was the plugs, because it would spit every so often not al the time. Now it runs great!!!!!