CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DO NOT BUY ANYHTING FROM MOTO-MAN.COM

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DO NOT BUY ANYHTING FROM MOTO-MAN.COM

Gearsmoker, I had to make my own heelguards. I found a sheet of 2' by 2' diamond plate that was .100 thickness and made a pattern out of cardboard and put them on. I have a friend that builds aircraft and he did the proffesional looking TIG welds to mount them. The whole thing cost me $50. You can probably find the diamond plate cheaper somewhere other than Menards. I made them because of the price of aftermarket ones. I was not about to spend 150 dollars for two pieces of aluminum. You are about the 20th person to ask me where I got them. If you have any creativity and by a $20 metal brake from Harbor Freight you can easily make your own[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Justin

Old 08-28-2003, 08:54 AM
Trailblazer

i'm kinda handy with metel so i'll give it a try. thanks for the info BajaIowa. i'll let you know how it turns out.

Old 08-29-2003, 02:09 AM
Pro Rider

I have to agree with Misteried. It sounds like there was a bit of a problem getting your part but they did call you. I can't tell you how many times i wished I could just get a callBACK!!! Your problem is with an employee of Motoman and you should take it up with someone higher up in the company. No need to trash the whole company for the actions of one idiot.

Old 08-29-2003, 02:31 AM
Pro Rider

cant believe they called you a liar. what an **** hole!
get his manager and tell him how it is.

aside from this, i 'll prob never get anything from there b/c their prices are kinda high to me. I can get the same stuff elsewhere for cheaper than them.

Old 08-29-2003, 08:32 AM
Trailblazer

the thing was, when i tried to get someone higher up to talk to, this guy said he was it. i even called back later and he was still it. then i e-mailed the company, guess who the reply was from, the same guy. if anyone knows a secret bat phone to motoman let me know.

Old 08-29-2003, 01:41 PM
Trailblazer

I dont have much experience with Moto-man ... however I did recently order a Pro Design Pro Flow Kit
with Foam filter for 89 $ . It came in 3 days, and it was the K&N version. Either they screwed up or
didnt have the foam, and sent the K&N. Regardless, I guess it "wasnt" what I ordered, but I did
get a hell of a deal for 89 $ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Honestly, I dont know if this story is good or bad service LOL.

Old 08-29-2003, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

Ive never had problems with motoman, everytime i order somthing it gets here in 4 days if not 4 then 3. Rocky mountain takes up to 5 or 6 days! KD Cycle on the other hand they SUCK! i ordered a piston set from them on a tuesday, they told me it would be here friday or monday and i was like ok thats fine. Come friday i call to get a tracking number and they claim they never got a call from me ordering anything. I was so pissed! I get him to order it for me AGAIN with overnight at no charge to me. Monday morning I call and they tell me "well ur gonna have to wait till 5pm when our truck comes by" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] tuesday they still havent sent it out because the truck never made it on monday [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]. I call again on wednesday, now hes trying to get me to pay the overnight fee! i told him off and talked to his manager. The manager assured me it would be here thursday half price and sure enough it got here friday...i was so mad!