CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

The anoying "click"

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The anoying "click"

My lander has a click but i dont think it has anything to do with the suspension.. it sounds like something in the clutch.

Old 09-19-2003, 10:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

Waser,

Here is my update, to my update, to my update...

I just picked my machine up from the dealer on 9-15. This was the sixth time it has been in for the clicking suspension problem. They replaced the all parts in the swing arm area of the rear suspension. New swing arms, torsion rod, all internal parts to the swing arm, etc..

I rode the machine for about 1/2 hour total and the clicking is coming back. My next step is to insist on a replacement machine. That sucks because I am through the break in period and can really have fun now, but I see no other option at this point. I don't know if it is the dealership that cannot get things right or if Bombardier has a large load of bad parts?? I have invested a lot of time into this problem.

I will send you a private message with a connection to Bombardier corporate customer service. I am going to give her a call today myself.

If there is anyone out there who knows of a dealer that has come accrossed this problem, and has totally fixed it with current parts, please reply back to this string with a name and phone number for the dealership. I would like to talk to them to get another opinion.

Thanks,
Ultralog

Old 09-19-2003, 11:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

Please send me the contact info as I have the same problem and a dealer that does not give me much attention.

Tom
tkandres@shaw.ca

Old 09-19-2003, 11:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi Tom,

I sent you a private message with the phone number and contact name at Bombardier.

Good Luck,
Todd

Old 09-20-2003, 04:08 AM
Pro Rider

Back to the Clutch noise...We tried running the motor with no CVT belt, to make sure the noise is coming from the engine/primary clutch....it is. We are now removing the engine and shipping it back to Bombardier so they can have a look.
I don't think this problem is widespread like the swingarm click, but it seems to be showing up in this thread with powerstroke01 and maybe others. This will give Bombardier a good look at the problem which should result in a fix for it and any others like it.
I still think the Outlander is a great machine, as, from what I hear on here, you guys do too. It's that old first year thing, but Bombardier will make it right, unlike some other manufacturers who will remain nameless....

Old 09-20-2003, 03:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

I guess I am loosing faith in Bombardier's technical support. They sent all new parts and the clicking came back, loud as ever, within 1/2 hour. This is not a light clicking sound. It becomes more of a snapping sound after putting more time on the machnie once the sound starts. Oh yeah, I'll remind you that this machine is being ridden on a pretty smooth trail and alfalfa field. It should not click at all!

I guess I am wondering why Bombardier cannot fix a system that consists of somewhere around 10 total parts? It seems like they could pin point which part is the bad one, pull it off of their shelves, and send good parts out for the updates?

All of this being said, I am assuming that the dealership's mechanic is doing a proper job.

Unfortunately, the saga has not ended, so...more to come...

Old 09-24-2003, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

lol i have no clue what im hearing... it doesent do it all the time and it doesent really bother me... i might take it in sometime though...

Old 10-06-2003, 12:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

Any new updates to this? I just bought my 'lander this weekend, not even 3 hours on it and I hear exactly what everyone is talking about from the rear suspension.

Old 10-11-2003, 10:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

Bombardier and my dealership have finally fixed the problem (I hope). They have put Green Loc-Tight on the splines. They cleaned the splines on the torsion rod and inside each of the levers. They then applied the Loc-Tight to the splines and set the nuts to the new torque settings. Have your dealership call Bombardier technical and ask for Maurice. He is the tech that worked with my dealership to cure the problem. I have put about 2 hrs on the unit since this last fix. No sign of clicking yet and this is the longest stretch the machine has been run without the click coming back. I'll send another update in a few weeks when I get a little more time on it.

Love the machine. I hope Bombardier totally takes care of this problem so others can enjoy the machine without the initial stress.

Good Luck.

Old 10-11-2003, 04:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info, please keep us posted on the success of the green loctite. Also if you could find out the new torque setting and post it.

I would probably just do it myself as my dealer is not too keen on working on Bombardier quads ( more of a seadoo dealer ).

Thanks in advance.

Tom
Vistaboy