CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Gorman / Hungry Valley This weekend 9/13 or 9/14

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 02:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gorman / Hungry Valley This weekend 9/13 or 9/14

Alamo Mt. is out behind Gorman, I think it's way back on Gold Hill Rd. out for a long ways, go up a looong hill and then eventually you are there. It's located in the national forest so your parked vehicle needs an 'adventure pass'. It used to be accepted that people would ride from Hungry Valley on ATVs & Dirt Bikes all the way to Alamo Mt. (even across a couple of miles of paved rd. The whole idea of riding there died when some MORON on a dirt bike was riding to or from Alamo Mt. and HIT a Ranger. That wasn't really the problem though it was when that COMPLETE IDIOT SUED the Ranger and won!!! Now no one can ride back there. I spoke with a ranger shortly after they closed it and he said they were trying to buy up some land so they could connect HV to Alamo, however that was at least 4 years ago, and he said it should take at least two years for that process to happen. Well, it still hasn't happened so I'm not sure if it ever will. The one thing I would warn about Alamo Mt. is that it is not huge - it's great for a few hours of semi-shaded entertainment though. There are some areas where a forest fire went through you can look at some nice views etc. but don't expect to spend the whole day or weekend there - you'll probably get bored. Also - Alamo Mt. is on all of the Hungry Valley maps as well.

Also for anyone with aftermarket exhaust I spoke with a Ranger at Hungry Valley earlier this week and she said that if you ask to get sound checked when you arrive, then if you're over you wont get a ticket - they just wont let you ride. But this way at least you could tune your exhaust so that it passes the test. I really don't know how much testing they do, but I asked if all the Rangers have the equipment and she said that most of them do - so almost any Ranger can do the test and I'm sure are ready to.

Old 09-13-2003, 08:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks I'll have to try that trail.

Old 09-13-2003, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

Also if you go after 4p.m. the rangers are all gone for the day at the entrances so you can just drive on in free of charge![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-14-2003, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider

some of us going to pismo, you guy's are invited,going with 5 other quads...