CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

PRM SUCKS!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 04:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PRM SUCKS!!

I just recently purchased a PRM Desert Grab Bar because the stocker had bent and broken off.

So I go riding today to practice some slow speed wheelies.

I set it on its A$$ twice. At about 3-5 Mph In soft dirt. On the second time the bar broke in 2 places.

Needless to say Im pissed of because the guy I talked to at PRM assured me that this bar would stand up to some punishment and was much stronger than stock.

If anyone else has had this problem let me know and vent in this topic.

Old 09-21-2003, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default PRM SUCKS!!

PRM makes great stuff. Im not too sure on how you define punishment. I cant beleive that your surprised to find that you broke the grab bar by using it as a wheelie bar. Im not sure how there customer service is gonna handle this but if I was them I would tell you to go pound sand for your lack of intelligence. It doesnt take a genius to figure out that by dropping 500 pounds on a grab bar it is likely to break. Just my 2 cents on this.

Old 09-21-2003, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default PRM SUCKS!!

dsjobber, i think ur comin down on him a lil hard, like wen i first started to wheelie my ds it threw me off a few times and stood there on the grab bar and its still straight

Old 09-21-2003, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default PRM SUCKS!!

Before you bash them on a public forum you should call them and see if they will take care of you.

Its people like you that make me stay away from the retail industry!

Old 09-21-2003, 09:21 PM
Trailblazer
Default PRM SUCKS!!

That is a grab bar not a wheele bar it is made of aluminum. If you look on the safety sticker wheeles can cause serius injury or death.

Old 09-21-2003, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default PRM SUCKS!!

If you look on the safety sticker wheeles can cause serius injury or death.
Doggonit...knew i shouldn't have peeled those off...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-22-2003, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default PRM SUCKS!!

Man I know how you feel about those PRM products...one time I was at Appalachia Bay with a group of friends and one of my buddies on his Prarie ran into the back of me and BENT my grab bar!!! I want a refund!

Seriusly, if it went down just as you described
I set it on its A$$ twice. At about 3-5 Mph In soft dirt. On the second time the bar broke in 2 places.
...then something is wrong and PRM should stand behind the product. Mines hit the ground a bunch with no errors.

Old 09-22-2003, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default PRM SUCKS!!

Sorry man, I've had nothing but good experiences with PRM. They are designed to bend/break before the subframe does. I've laid mine back several times on the hard sand and never had a problem. Also, when I rachet-strap my DS down I use the Grab Bar for a hook point. I wrench it down hard when I haul it. I'm sure the pressure is over 300-400 pounds. If you broke it off, the pressure had to be well over that or there was a problem with the aluminum structure it was made of. If it was a structure problem with the aluminum, that would be a rare incident indeed. I can't imagine that you would have the same problem twice.

Old 09-22-2003, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default PRM SUCKS!!

Call them up and let us know of the outcome. I'm in the market for a skid plate... and if they stand by thier product then they deserve my business.

Old 09-22-2003, 03:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default PRM SUCKS!!

Originally posted by: Entomber
I'm in the market for a skid plate... and if they stand by thier product then they deserve my business.
The "frame" skidplate and six pack rack I have are perfect.
And they are a great company. They just have to be a little skeptical at this point I'd assume...

Like everyone says... Punishment?
I too think if I wheelied the Bomb over... and it's draggin' in dirt or something with a substrate.... I'd bend or break the bar off.

I've only went over in sand, no issues there. It worked great. The DS has also rolled... bending the stock bars and steering stem but not the rack/grab bar. It took some abuse since it did loosen up some. Also me fender braces were bent.... Bullet proof?! NO.... Strong to normal riding conditions and use... YES.

You want a wheelie bar... make one. But risk bending the subframe (or worse) instead of the $60 grab bar.

Quick Reply: PRM SUCKS!!