CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

what's this in the oil tank??

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what's this in the oil tank??

Thought the o4's had done away with the oil res filter...

I definately would take it to the dealer...if you haven't had the first service done now would be a good time... any problem should be taken care of by the warranty.

P.S. I saw the X the other day...sexy machine but why did Bomb do away with the axle preload nut assembly setup thinga-majig? Have you seen what I'm talking about? Now it looks sorta cheap! One grade 8 nut and some spring treated bracket...might work fine but is butt ugly, IMO...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] And another quick observation...why do they send out these new quads before getting parts listings and diagrams to the dealerships? Gotta sympathise with the dealers...they don't have an easy job.

Old 10-26-2003, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

It's just condensation. I got that in mine like 2 days after I got it and I freaked out like you probably did. It is only when it gets cold this will happen. I watched the coolant like a hawk. A year later, I haven't lost a drop of coolant. If it warms up, it will go away. You can have the dealer look at it anyway just to make sure (they need something to do anyway.) but most likely it's condensation. We aren't as cold as you are but we are trying down here.

Old 10-26-2003, 03:44 PM
Range Rover

I agree with Scooby and pads. I have this happen with mine once in a while when the temps drop. I've had it to the dealer and everything checks out (pressure testing the coolant system). The coolant level stays the same. The oil always looked fine its just that it had a white foam on the oil dipstick. I believe its just condensation in the tank. If what your saying is true Sandman why doesn't anyone get the foam when its warm out? It seems that every post I've read concerning the foam happened with cold temps.

Old 10-26-2003, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

Mine does the same... It's just condensation and it will have some white foamy stuff on top of the dipstick. If it was coolent in your oil the oil itself would be milky so no worries..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2003, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 04 has maybe 15 hours on her. I noticed this too, a small amount of white milky substance inside the screw area of the dipstick. I changed the oil at 4 hours. She's going in later this week for the 10 hour service. I'm in MI and we've had a five or six nights below 32. I believe it's only condensation. The oil looks fine when I pull the stick and let it drip into my hand.

Old 10-26-2003, 09:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I argee whit scooby,crash, pads,pushin,And oz condensation wipe it off and move on in life !!!!! that is very common in arizona where it gets 115 deg during the day and 60 deg at night !!!!!!!