CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What is the best full pipe exhaust for the DS-650

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the best full pipe exhaust for the DS-650

Originally posted by: ironrod
The stock pipe is painted and Im sure its pretty rust resistant too - add an endcap and bingo!
i like my endcap by MrHosrepower, maybe you should consider that option. "big power gain, low cost"

Old 11-13-2003, 11:39 PM
Trailblazer

I recommend getting the alba stage 3. I have one and it does the job.

Old 11-15-2003, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

Trinity is the nicest pipe. I just got mine used and I swear this thing is worth every cent. Considering I paid the same for the Big Gun this thing is worth every penny. It won't rust and it's defintely well made. If you jump high yes the RWR exhaust will ding up. I don't know if you guys knew DSSTG1 but his took a serious beating from the massive jumps he flew his DS with. The RWR is also obnoxiously loud. My STAGE III bud the can is all rusting out. It's also heavy for a steel one and looks goofy. If your wheelie happy it's also a bad exhaust in the sense that if you go over the ROn Woods sticks out past the rear grab bar. I've seen the Graydon once or twice and it's another nice looking pipe and has a throaty sound. The Big gun is very light and the end cap looks kind of cool. It puts out a nice bark but nothing like the Ron Woods. Take your pick and chose carefully. The LTE looks cool but dont you have to relocate the battery to use it? Also at 700 bucks the price is pretty steep. I'm tickeled pink with my Trinity exhaust and I saw some specs on it and it does claim that it produces more torque and HP.

Old 11-15-2003, 07:58 PM
Uno
Weekend Warrior

I've run both Trinity and Big Gun on mine and I think I prefer the Trinity although it is a bit louder. The Trinity seemed to give a bit more pep. Then again it could just be it sounded better off the line lol...

Old 11-16-2003, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Entomber
Trinity is the nicest pipe. I just got mine used and I swear this thing is worth every cent. Considering I paid the same for the Big Gun this thing is worth every penny. It won't rust and it's defintely well made. If you jump high yes the RWR exhaust will ding up. I don't know if you guys knew DSSTG1 but his took a serious beating from the massive jumps he flew his DS with. The RWR is also obnoxiously loud. My STAGE III bud the can is all rusting out. It's also heavy for a steel one and looks goofy. If your wheelie happy it's also a bad exhaust in the sense that if you go over the ROn Woods sticks out past the rear grab bar. I've seen the Graydon once or twice and it's another nice looking pipe and has a throaty sound. The Big gun is very light and the end cap looks kind of cool. It puts out a nice bark but nothing like the Ron Woods. Take your pick and chose carefully. The LTE looks cool but dont you have to relocate the battery to use it? Also at 700 bucks the price is pretty steep. I'm tickeled pink with my Trinity exhaust and I saw some specs on it and it does claim that it produces more torque and HP.
The LTE will be designed so that you will NOT have to relocate the battery. However, you will sacrifice the airbox. The LTE will place both pipes through the center subframe and exit just under the rear tail light.

Old 11-16-2003, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

mark, so is the lte for ds gonna look like the one we saw on the predator with the pipes right together, or like the raptor with pipes on opposite sides...i will definitely be disappointed if they are really close like on predator. doesn't look as cool. thanks

Old 11-16-2003, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bigslim78
mark, so is the lte for ds gonna look like the one we saw on the predator with the pipes right together, or like the raptor with pipes on opposite sides...i will definitely be disappointed if they are really close like on predator. doesn't look as cool. thanks
I think they look cooler on the inside myself. But, looks arent why they did it. Relocating the battery box on the DS would require breaking the welds or cutting off the box from the frame. That's not very practical for most of the customer base out there.

Old 11-16-2003, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

Im looking for a stock set of headpipes myself! I dont like dealing with Ebay though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-16-2003, 06:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I will more than likley have a set of lte's as soon as they hit the market but i will not give an opion as fast as i did on the MBRP i still feel bad about that one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] i will run them on the dyno and the track before i say if there good or not so if they get there azz's in gear ill have a set propmtly[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-16-2003, 10:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I HAVE BOTH MBRP & RWR AND AGREE WITH IRONROD ONE THING TO ADD BOTH PIPES BROKE VERY QUICK

Quick Reply: What is the best full pipe exhaust for the DS-650