CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What is the best full pipe exhaust for the DS-650

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 03:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the best full pipe exhaust for the DS-650

Well. . . Time has come to upgrade my pipe.

I thought for sure I would go with the Gradon but, it doesn't have much room with the dual carbs (does anyone have any different experience?)

Everytime I think RWR Pipe I read stuff on jumping & rusting and think again!

Alba. . . I don't know. . . something about the way they sell quads just rubs me wrong and I have a tough time doing business with them.

Thoughts??

Old 11-19-2003, 03:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

DuneMe,

Alba pipes will probably show rust in 6 months of less. Jiminok as well as a few other forum members said the E-Series with 18 discs on it is one hell of a drag pipe - I have the stock set of discs and I'm planning to secure some more discs to see if there is any improvement later. Any word on the Yoshi pipe for a machine with serious mods? The Alba pipe might be a decent choice if you can get a better coating on it, aside from the nasty rust habit, I think everything else about their pipe is solid.

FYI- you can buy an ATV from Alba in stock trim, and get it for a price similar to what other shops are charging. Or you can get one with their stuff installed, and get them to toss in a whole set of riding gear, like Bombastic got. (I don't recall what exactly he got, but I believe it was everything from boots to a helmet.

HellRider isn't in California, he's in Israel, (check his pics & info) so I think he is safe from all of the sound laws here in California. He can be as loud as he wants.... (That is kinda cool in a way.)

HellRider,

I think you might look into the Trinity pipe, since sound isn't a problem it sounds like a nice unit (with good looks to boot!)

Old 11-19-2003, 04:59 AM
Pro Rider

I have had my ron woods pipe for about a year and it has never broke. I am hard on everything i have and the only thing i dont like about mine is that it sticks out. I broke my endcap once!!! I gave me alot more power over stock and i dont have any rusting but i keep it pretty clean. SO if i was you i would go with the ron wood pipe!!!!!

Old 11-19-2003, 10:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I have two bikes with the alba and i guess i agree about the coating it is wierd but after a year on one and 6 months on the other im still real happy with the appearance. The only rust i see is where the pipe and the canister come together but that is due to shifting it rubs the coating off. And you get a rust ring but all pipes (EXCEPT STAINLESS) Will do that and the big bike still looks new "the pipe that is" The little bike i run MONDO lean and the head pipe is a dark purple but i can live with that!!!!And you can disc the heck out of this pipe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2003, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

I got my dual exhaust by LTE hooked up to my 440EX last night - DAMN! It's Really good sounding. I hope the LTE for the DS sounds this good. I guess I'll have to break her in this weekend.

Jiminook, I'll be back from fishing this weekend! Wait 'till you see the catch!

Old 11-19-2003, 10:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider

get the graydon so if you beat jeff you can walk up and say theres a new sheriff in town, and he won't think he needs a new pipe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2003, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider

I think the right word you used was "If" . [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2003, 11:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Ironrod Tic toc tic toc tic toc the season is ticking away where are the lte's tic toc tic toc tic toc tic toc[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2003, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

I have the Yosh - asside from it being somewhat loud its a great pipe. Never had a lick of problem with it, still looks like new, the packing is still in tact, and thats after 3 years of my abuse. I can't speak for its response to a modded engine but it sure woke up the stock engine.
I know they are one of the more expensive pipes on the mkt but what can you say, quality comes with a price.

Old 11-19-2003, 12:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The Ron Woods pipe is the single best performing pipe for the DS period! Their some guys that can dent them, but I cannot. I ride hard, but I guess not hard enough.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Bigger.

Quick Reply: What is the best full pipe exhaust for the DS-650