CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

To all you newbees out there...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 12:44 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To all you newbees out there...

Stainless will strip easy if you dont have a good wrench for your SHCS.
I use the steel.
If you guys cant find the metric bowl bolts, I can send you some.
I have tons of them at work. Every bolt possibly made in every length (SHCS).

Old 11-18-2003, 02:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

BigJon,

I don't think I've ever seen (or found, especially not found when I was looking!) a metric bolt in either place. Those were the first two places I tried for a while, and I never got anything. It is entirely possible that different markets have different products they sell. I'm sure there are metric bolts of some kind, somewhere in HD or Lowes however nothing Ive seen ever came remotely close. Sounds like you've had much better luck than I've had, or perhaps the people working in the stores you've been in were more helpful.

EAB,
Spelunking is the hobby of exploring caves. The one we were in at the time, was actually an abandoned mine. It's quite interesting and it goes back for a looooooong way. It's really fun to go in there except for a couple of things:

1. If the guy with the light wants to go ahead of the group to 'explore' the people in the group learn the TRUE meaning of darkness. The complete absense of light is wicked. I think an Indiglo watch would have been bright to look at in there.

2. Standing on a huge pile of rubble which obviously fell from the ceiling of the cave - leaving one to wonder when the rest is coming down.

3. This mine is in Southern California - they say we get a lot of earthquakes here & that is about the only thing I could think about, other than the pitch black, cold cave. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-18-2003, 07:10 AM
Pro Rider

Jetting for the first time was a pain, those screws were horrible. I used every different size screwdriver on the shelf and everyone just wanted to strip them. I grabbed some channellocks and squeezed really tight and they came out just fine. True Value is where i got my allen head screws and they are the best, jetting is simple after they are installed. I seriously threw a couple tools across the garage trying to them screws out. I tried drilling them out and actually drilled threw the side of my carb trying to get them out, nothing thta JB weld couldnt handle..lol. I probably had my carb completely off about 5 times now and i feel like a pro taking it off.

Im going to get my frame powdercoated where my brother goes to college this winter and I feel completely comfortable taking it apart. I know if i have any confusion puting it back together i can just ask the people on this forum. This forum is the best.

RoughRider01

Old 11-18-2003, 12:26 PM
Range Rover

To find bolts of any size, look in the phone book under bolts. There are usually a couple of places that sell ONLY bolts and have any size you could need. I have looked at 4 atv places for a bolt once and came up with nothing, one stop to the bolt store and I had what I wanted in my hand.

Old 11-18-2003, 10:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

your all right... these forums are the best around. everyone is so willing to help it's incredible.

i must say i like the idea about looking through the phone book for bolts better than going to HD or Lowes. those stores don't have jack. well i shouldn't say that... they had the exact things i needed but in steel not stainless. i'm just glad i didn't need em, i ended up useing the same screws that came off it.

next up... those darn clutch springs (if i only had time to change em).

later, sam.