CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Anybody have a rear carrier diagram???

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody have a rear carrier diagram???

Anyone have a rear hub carrier diagram they can email me? I am changing over from an 04 rear swingarm to a 2000-2003 rear swingarm. I am just curious on the little o-ring that is in there. Is there 1 on both sides or only 1 on the brake side?

Old 03-13-2005, 03:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just finished pulling the axle on my 2000 and there is One rubber oring on the brake side. It is the diameter of the rear axle. I hope that this helps.

Old 03-13-2005, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

According to the parts diagram there is one on both side.

I was going to post the diagram for you but I have to upload the entire pdf file and that 8 megs in size. Right now the net is real slow being a Sunday evening and all. Dial up doesn't help.

I'll try again in a while. If I can get an upload speed of at least 4k then i'll do it. But this 1.7 crap right now aint cutting it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

Check the original post date. I didn't. I read this this afternoon and went out to see if I could see what you were talking about. I ended up taking the rear all apart and replaced the bearings and seals. I replaced the o-ring inside the brake hub.
There was only one o-ring around the carrier. It was for the brake bracket on the left. I didn't have that o-ring. I did the heating the carrier in the oven thing and the bearings in the freezer. It worked.
There are these little metal wear sleeves. They are a pain in the a$$ to get off. I used the two old seals together and a 2x4 to beat the new one on. I didn't even bother trying to take the one on the sprocket side off.
God I hope I did it close to right. I don't have the crow foot tool to properly tighten the pre load nut. I hope I was close. I tightened the heck out of it then backed it off and spun the axle around a little and then re tightened to what I hope is right.

Old 03-13-2005, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

LOL..I just noticed that this post originated several months ago. I expect you already have the info you need by now....lol

But just in case anyone else whats the info.http://www.ljsoftware.com/DS/tcp0102af.pdf Please save this to your computer rather than keep on downloading and looking at it. That uses a lot of my bandwith. Saving it once to your computer will help you as well. Thanks

Old 03-13-2005, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

One O-Ring goes inside the sprocket hub. The side closest to the bearing carrier. The other O-Ring goen in the brake hub. The slide closest to the left wheel hub. You should also have O-Rings on both of the Wheel Hubs.