CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Back from Dumont Thangsgiving.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003 | 07:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Back from Dumont Thangsgiving.

Just got back. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. I'll start making the videos and get some up tonight. I didn't know 250R4life was there. Maybe that was your fast YFZ that was spanking some people. I'll check the flag if I can tell by looking at the videos if it was yours or not. There was at least 1 white and 1 blue YFZ doing some damage out there when I was at the hill. Was selector there also? anyone know?

Old 12-01-2003 | 07:55 PM
Pro Rider

I had a good time, until the sprocket came off, it chewed up the threads real good so i may have to split the case :-/

Old 12-01-2003 | 09:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

XxDumontRaptorxX - Oh man!! That does not sound good!! How did that happen?

sixsixT - Yes but no, same 690 but different cams and gearing.

Old 12-01-2003 | 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: wshrdskin
Just got back. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. I'll start making the videos and get some up tonight. I didn't know 250R4life was there. Maybe that was your fast YFZ that was spanking some people. I'll check the flag if I can tell by looking at the videos if it was yours or not. There was at least 1 white and 1 blue YFZ doing some damage out there when I was at the hill. Was selector there also? anyone know?
wshrdskin, I heard you were out there, So I was looking for you. But I never saw anyone filming. I was out at Comp hill racing a lot all weekend. I tried to race every YFZ450 I saw line up at the hill that weekend. It was fun. There were 450's with just about every brand pipe I have heard of out there. And I raced just about everyone of them. There was only one white YFZ450 that gave me a run all weekend. But I only saw him out there one time. and that was for a short time. The only other YFZ450 that gave me a run all weekend was lyles a.k.a teamsparks blue YFZ450. It was running strong. He even let me run it up the hill for a little while, & I put the hurt on some people with it. If it was me you got on tape, it would be a yellow flag with sparks racing on it.

Old 12-01-2003 | 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

It was a great time and once again all the forum memebers are the best group ever. You all rock!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] LOL it's getting to where if you try to list them all it would take a page and a half.
Im not sure that I like these 39 FCR's though. I finally got them dialed in to where im almost back to what I had with the 45 carb. Although the 39's bar far outperform the 45 in response. Just not the top end yet. Still a work in progress thing.

Old 12-01-2003 | 11:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: XxDumontRaptorxX
I had a good time, until the sprocket came off, it chewed up the threads real good so i may have to split the case :-/
Dana, give the appropriate size die a try first to clean up and redo the threads.

Old 12-02-2003 | 04:51 AM
Pro Rider

Well the thing is, I lost the nut at the very top of the hill when I was tapped in 3rd gear, so it kinda fell off and spun alot, and burned up the threads real good. Me and my friend that was there with me are going to take a look at it and see if it is savable. If not we go to work :-/ Either way I had a good time, and got alot of riding in.

SixsixT, did I ever meet you there? I was looking to buy one of those filter adapter things that you told me about, oh well though, maybe another time.

Old 12-02-2003 | 11:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I pulled up to the hill just as you were getting towed away.

Old 12-02-2003 | 12:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ANNIHILATER, I saw the vid "Mario vs Sparks??" . Have you lowered the chassis at all? this will help keep frontend down and the handling is better. looks like if you were launching a little harder off the line you'd have won the race. how many paddles and what gearing were you running? what gear did you launch in? how many paddles did sparks have?

Old 12-02-2003 | 02:36 PM
|
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Scooby, I was running 16-40 gearing 22-11-10 10 paddle non buffed extremes[ real heavy] and could not dump the clutch out of the hole, so I actually was double clutching it out of the hole, and when the front end came up I had to let off the gas a little[loseing a ton of momentum], I did sit on the tank and beat that same bike a few times prior to that race, I hope he got those on tape..I was launching in second gear and running 3rd tapped out way too much Rs on that side of the hill, but I could get into 4th on other hill..17-40 may solve that problem..I have not lowered the chassy yet, I really need to though, I am going to put a longer swingarm on this week and put on the tripple buffs and maybe cannondale shocks up front to lower it..
Sparks had 7 paddle tripple buffs and 120lb rider..
I was on gas and was suprised of the torque this motor put out...I do believe with a swingarm change and lighter paddles I would launch Very, Very hard out of the hole...
I was running a +3 swingarm which obviously was not enough.

Quick Reply: Back from Dumont Thangsgiving.