CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Back from Dumont Thangsgiving.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003 | 05:51 PM
|
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default Back from Dumont Thangsgiving.

What a nice weekend!
Met up with the original crew Wsrdskin, Eagle, Raptor03,Punish, Jobber ,Josh, Blackhawk, dumontx, Good racin again fellas!!!!...Where was Al?
Duneme had his bike runnin strong...raptor03 seemed alot faster, especially friday night. Raptorowner was their with a sparks 690 ran good. BigBajas bike ran strong, I wish I could have ran him Sat with Justin on it.
Taftraptor is a really cool guy with that fast sparks 690 with light 250r4life pilot[ good runnin machine)..
Sparks had their fast bikes out, I finally took that faast z4?? with trained LIGHT pilot [nice people by the way)..If he jumped me out of the hole and my front end came up he could take me.. I couldnt get the green 485 or whatever it was to line up with me, he kept leaving early out of the hole, I think If I had a +5 swingarm I would have clowned him anyways.. The only sparks 4 stroke (that ive seen) I should worry about is the red crf450 nitro alky bike that is very fast...With a few changes in the works with my GAS DS (and LIGHT pilot like theirs) I think I will be bugging them (2001raptor was torturing them at ds days)LOL...I admit friday my ds ran like crap on alky, but on gas all day Sat. its a different machine for some reason. Ill be losing all the heavy rotating mass as far as heavy paddles, axle, rims...I will be at Dumont looking for the fast crf450 within a month after this hog is dialed in, I just cannot believe they have such good 90lb-120lb riders. That I think can be overcome..And with a tree it will be a fair shot out of the hole with everbody. The preacher can put together a solid motor, and tvi motors run great too..

Old 11-30-2003 | 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

What up and yea is was some good racing and great weather.Alot of forum members showed up and they were all good guys with some fast bikes. Like marios said those were the fast bikes and crazy at the hill, bro in law got side swipped by a banshee pinned in third and came out with a sore ankle,the other dude had a coumpound fracture.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

The bike ran real good and i picked a few more bike lengths from her and she fells faster the tunning continues,still pullling Bike lengths out of the craycraft,had alot of people likeing how it ran,i was happy..
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-30-2003 | 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

Raptor03, I guess I just missed you. I met up with Raptorowner & ANNIHILATER. They were cool guys. I never got to meet up with an other forum members. I may have raced some forum members & never knew it. I did a lot of racing on TaftRaptors 690 and a lot on my white Sparks YFZ450(The only bike with a sparks flag). I was very happy how my 450 did racing up comp hill. The dust at camp all weekend was killing me though. Next time I have to find a spot where the dust isn't so bad.

Old 11-30-2003 | 11:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

250R you should of parked with wshrdskin and the rest of us, it was a perfect spot (dust free [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and away from alot of the noise and crazies)

Old 11-30-2003 | 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

Where was that? I need to know.

Old 12-01-2003 | 12:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Way to the right of the first little dune ridge that you come to after the ranger station.

Old 12-01-2003 | 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

I'll remember that.

Old 12-01-2003 | 12:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Our group had a great time.

Al, If I forgot to say. . . Thanks for bringing the extra food (even though we didn't take you up on it.)

We were camped way up to the left (very little dust! We could look down towards the ranger station and see the dust in the valley area.

Had a great time shooting the hill and the new engine ran great. Sprocket change helped. I probably needed a 38 or 39 rear sprocket. I was at 8200-8300 RPM in 3rd (too much for this engine!)

I need to work on my chicken thumb. Got dusted on the line but, an extended swing-arm will probably cure that. I can finally say I have too much power for the stock swing-arm [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-01-2003 | 01:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Had a great time with you all and yes Sam your bike is way faster than before. I ran against 250r4life on Taftraptors bike and couldnt believe the difference from mine!! That 690 rocks dude!! Mario and Duneme has the fastest DS's I have ever ran up against. Nice weather and nice meeting most of you out there. I have a few more minor adjustments to make with mine but she ran well. Just wish it would shift into 4th without loosing power[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] The first time I climbed Comp hill I broke my gear shifter linkage and found a banshee shifter that had to be modified thanks to Bigbaja and she was back in action. I like the direct shifter so I have one on the way.

Old 12-01-2003 | 07:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RaptorOwner
Had a great time with you all and yes Sam your bike is way faster than before. I ran against 250r4life on Taftraptors bike and couldnt believe the difference from mine!! That 690 rocks dude!! Mario and Duneme has the fastest DS's I have ever ran up against. Nice weather and nice meeting most of you out there. I have a few more minor adjustments to make with mine but she ran well. Just wish it would shift into 4th without loosing power[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] The first time I climbed Comp hill I broke my gear shifter linkage and found a banshee shifter that had to be modified thanks to Bigbaja and she was back in action. I like the direct shifter so I have one on the way.
Do you and taft have the same engine mods?

Quick Reply: Back from Dumont Thangsgiving.