CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Back from Dumont Thangsgiving.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003 | 05:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Back from Dumont Thangsgiving.

I have an aftermarket countersprocket cover (don't think it is any larger than stock.)

Will a 17-tooth front fit on with the cover there?

Can I run a 17/40 with the stock chain (is it long enough?)

I am thinking a 17/40 or 17/39 combo would be the best for Dumont.

Old 12-02-2003 | 06:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i think taller gearing is better and with second gear starts. you get more wheel speed and ground speed before first shift.

i had to file the stock aluminum case saver when i used a 17 tooth front sprocket. the stock chain guard itself is not too close.

i think you can run 17/40 with stock chain.

Old 12-02-2003 | 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

Yes you can run 17/40 with the stock chain. I have done it before. I removed the case saver long enough to try the gearing though.

Old 12-02-2003 | 09:28 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Guy's,

Got back yesterday afternoon but was to lazy to get on the net. Nice to meet all of you that I met. well my bike was running lean, I pulled a plug sat. morning and it was white, so I put the stock endcap back on, sat. night was out on a ride with a bunch of kids, and kept hearing this clunking noise from the front of the bike but could not find it. Well I found out what it was on sun. morning I popped the front end up in camp and when I came back down I heard a clunk again got off and looked and the right front shock was bent in and touching the frame, fully extended and the shaft had about a 45 deg. bend in it. So it looks like it's getting works triple rates with rezzi's up front yeehaaw. thanks for the advice on jetting at the hill guys,
Tom

Old 12-02-2003 | 09:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sorry Mario. That was the only video I have of you racing the sparks Z.

Old 12-02-2003 | 09:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

wshrdskin - Didnt you have another video of me and Raptor03? We were almost dead even on the comp hill but the hill to the left I believe I pulled away much further. I just got to remember to bring my spare sprockets..... I had it set up for Pismo and totally forgot my parts. I was bummed but still had a great time with all of you. Hope to see you all again.

Old 12-02-2003 | 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

yea i have to give it to you bro we raced like a sob....trading the wins and had a great time....later dude..

Old 12-02-2003 | 11:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RaptorOwner
wshrdskin - Didnt you have another video of me and Raptor03? We were almost dead even on the comp hill but the hill to the left I believe I pulled away much further. I just got to remember to bring my spare sprockets..... I had it set up for Pismo and totally forgot my parts. I was bummed but still had a great time with all of you. Hope to see you all again.
I just put up a video of you and Sam pretty even at the top of the hill. It was the hill on the right though. I didn't get any video of anyone but Mario and the sparks bike on the left hill.

Old 12-03-2003 | 11:59 PM
Range Rover

Dave did you ever get any videoes of me and your son flying up the hill.

Old 12-04-2003 | 12:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

In your rail? No, I didn't have the camera at that time. I'll have to get some of your rail next time. Sweet ride for sure. We thank you for taking us for a spin. Did you get your one way fixed? Want to see that Raptor run.

Quick Reply: Back from Dumont Thangsgiving.