CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

off topic. trailer

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default off topic. trailer

Originally posted by: rldbobcat
If you look at http://www.haulmark.com check out the trailors and the specs then you might have an idea as to what you want to get. The specs will give you payload info and everything else, that might give you some more info on the one you are looking at if you can find a trailor that is similar on there.
I looked at haulmarks specs nothing seem to match the v nose that I am looking at. I am looking at a 1996 v nose. inside dimensions are 14Lx8Wx7H

Old 01-21-2004, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

The only thing I found on there comp. to that was a Vnose auto trailer tandem axle drop style. Curb weight was around 3,000 lbs, GVWR 7,000, payload around 3,800 lbs. The thing with the auto trailors is that there is alot of weight in steel supports that you will not need if your just going to use for ATVs. So if you go with a ATV/motorcycle style trailor the trailor itself will be lighter so you might be able to get something the same size but something your truck can handle.

Old 01-21-2004, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

If you absolutely want to stick with the Dakota you could pull that large of a trailer but it would take some work on the truck to do it well. I would say the trailer would have to have it's own brakes and you would probably need some air bags and a sway bar for your rear axle. I would also put some very stiff sidewall load tires all the way around. Engine power is up to you, I think Vortech engineering makes a supercharger for your truck and they function like factory equipment. That much would get you up to speed safely.

Sorry, I just checked and they don't make a kit for the 4.7L

Old 01-21-2004, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider

I don't think I am going to do it. I am sure that my truck could pull it. but it would be maxed out. I was hopeing to free up the garage of toys and acually park in there. I will just stick to the 12x6 single axle flat bed for a couple more years. until I can get a bigger truck. tahnks for all your help.

Old 01-21-2004, 02:41 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally posted by: busmechanic
Originally posted by: rldbobcat
If you look at http://www.haulmark.com check out the trailors and the specs then you might have an idea as to what you want to get. The specs will give you payload info and everything else, that might give you some more info on the one you are looking at if you can find a trailor that is similar on there.
I looked at haulmarks specs nothing seem to match the v nose that I am looking at. I am looking at a 1996 v nose. inside dimensions are 14Lx8Wx7H

dont do it

buy a bigger truck,,,then get a trailer like that

that is the trailer I would like,,,,get it and I'll trade you for mine