CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Tested out the new Rhino today!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tested out the new Rhino today!

Well I picked up the new Rhino today and let me tell you something, this thing is AWESOME!!!! Annihalater and myself went out to these killer old Silver Mine Caves today and we tore it up!!!! He got some pretty good action pictures to I think?! It handles like a dream and rides so plush that we were Bajaing thru some whoops and you hardly feel them. I think this was a good tide me over choice till I can afford the real rail!! The cool thing about the Rhino is it is like a minature 4wd Rail. With a few mods this thing could be real sick! HEading out to Dumont tommorow for some more testing and break in. And hey Larry!! The cooler full of beer in the back didn't even move!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2004, 02:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Yeah, I thought the Rhino would be different.. I really thought it would be kinda slow. but I could not believe the power and agility, It billy goated over very rough terrain like a range rover..I might have to get one now!!!

I dont think many people have had a chance to try the Rhino out, But they may have a different opinion after some hard trail rideing with it..

Old 01-25-2004, 02:26 AM
Pro Rider

how long before bigbore, alky, NOS or turbo! Oh i forgot lift kit. I know it won't be stock for long or will it. I would like to see the pictures ya'll took. Props on the rhino purchase. please keep us posted!

Old 01-25-2004, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

Punisher,

Cool! Hey, next time we are out on the dunes maybe you could drive me over a nice drink and some snacks! Just Kidding! But really, I saw one of those in the showroom down at Florence and it was cool - Like you said, a mini-4WD truck!

Marky

Old 01-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

congrats!

how stable is the Rhino? it seems like it would be a little tippy..

Old 01-25-2004, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

Hey let's get some pics up already! Glad to hear you're liking it![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2004, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

It is actually pretty darn stable! Maybe some little wider wheel spacers or wider tires would help a little, but it seems pretty good. It handles better with 2 people in it. I will try and get some pics up in the next day or 2. Hey Marky the hell with the snacks I am going to mount a 50 Cal. and a brass pole in the back!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] LOL

Old 01-25-2004, 08:12 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Punisher Ironrod might be onto something kind of like at the golf courses. fill it with beer, water and snacks and you could probably pay for the thing in a couple of big weekends at the dunes. Of course they usually have some nice eye candy working them too. a couple of guys at work have them and they keep bragging how awesome they are. They rode them from the nw part of Vegas up to the hotel on mt. Charleston said they were awesome except for one off camber part that put one on its side. they said the roll bar worked great and it wasn't to hard to put it back on all four.

Old 01-26-2004, 12:15 AM
Trailblazer

Nothing but good reviews on this critter. Good purchace T.

Old 01-26-2004, 03:23 AM
Pro Rider

Well Mario and I went out to Pabco today instead of Dumont because the wind was NASTY! I have to tell you this thing is a hoot!!!!!! We came to a hill that had a small mesa at the top and Mario says hey man why don't you jump this beast!! Well I thought a little airtime wouldn't be to bad so I cruised up the hill at a decent speed and I guess for a first time jump I should probably should have gone slower! I got this thing about 2 feet off the ground and jumped a good 15 to 20 ft.!! And you know the cool thing was I didn't land that hard and I landed on all fours!! What a thrill ride![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] This little rig has so much potential it is sickining! Got some good pics and video today but I don't really have a way to upload them yet.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I will try and work on it this week. Anyway still haven't got to try out sand yet but soon I hope. It turns out we missed out on a good time at Dumont also![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I guess they had a killer band and all the Carne Asada and food you could handle out there, a real huge party! Next time I guess.

Quick Reply: Tested out the new Rhino today!