CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lectron 46hv...just the facts

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lectron 46hv...just the facts

I could have spent my money & bought the usual mass produced stage I kits for $1,500
Instead I got a lectron 46hv, ported aluminum carb intake & billet endcap & saved $650-$700 & got more.HP IMO, now with that money saved I can sit back with a big [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. I just have to do my research again on what I will buy for the DS motor with the money I saved & not spent. I thank ya'll again for the help!

Old 01-26-2004, 11:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well said. With the money I will save and alittle more I will be going back to MRHP for some motor mods when the time and money come.

Old 01-26-2004, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

It is worth EVERY penny. Who here has tuned the carb to his perfecton??!?!? Not fast by gast that is for sure!!! What company out there does not mark up a product?? Ok, so you save 100 bucks by going to fast by gast.. What needle are you going to get?? you get 2 and you just blew your 100 savings.. Why not get it RIGHT the first time. I think EVERYONE here is willing to pay 100 bucks for a carb that READY not just in the bal park like the TM.

Bartlett, I think you forgot the term "How fast can you afford to go" that about sums it up. You want better you pay more....

MisterHP raced my carb in a TT race before he shiped it to me to ensure its settings. That alone says WOW, he cares about his product.. That to me is worth 100 bucks.

Old 01-27-2004, 12:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ya know, I used to think the 46HV sounded cool, but it was a lot of money & I figured how different from the TM45 could it be? (I'd been putting off the idea of a TM45 since I got my first DS in 2001, so I wasn't going to bother now!) After riding an ATV that has -very- close to the same modifications as my ATV & seeing the amazing difference in power, I'm going to buy one as soon as I put together the funds.

My 2003 Baja ran about 33-34 MPH up Olds on my best runs, & I'd been making quite a few - which is very within range of a slightly modified DS. The DS I rode which had the Lectron installed I never clocked it up Olds with me on it (I weigh in at 220Lbs.) - however it's owner hit 41 or 42 MPH (I forgot, sorry) using the same testing method I used (It's possible he weighs less than me, I never asked - not the kind of thing heterosexual men ask one another in an average conversation.) He has an ATV that was three years older, (2000 Model) and the only power modification he had that I didn't (aside from the Lectron) was a RWR CDI. So it's either the carburetor, or the CDI that did it, and after the owner telling me the carburetor made a huge difference I was going to believe him when he told me it was the carburetor.

One thing to notice is that -anyone- who has rode an ATV with or owns an ATV with the Lectron can't say enough good things about it. (Myself included - and I like it well enough I plan to purchase one in the future.) The only people who are skeptics are the ones who haven't tried it. I can't personally attest to whether or not the 46HV is the perfect carburetor for someone with huge modifications already - only a *proper* dyno test could truly answer that; however the 46HV flat out rocks on low - mid level modified bikes near as I can tell.

I find myself wondering why the people who are most skeptical are also the ones who *appear* to have the deepest pockets. (I’m making this assumption based on how quickly those people acquire toys & goodies – it takes me a couple of years to outfit a quad to my taste; some people - a couple of weeks.) I would think to some people it’d be worth $550 to have a factual answer to the question of how well it performs. Heck, I’m sure after the tests you could even sell the carburetor without any trouble. (Or would you opt to keep it?)

Additionally, I don’t in any sense of the word have the time (most important!), money or engine tuning knowledge to take my ATVs to a dyno for tuning. I’m happy to pay for properly dyno tuned equipment – I know that if I tried to tune an ATV on the dyno the results would be less than exciting; however if you need a PC tune up I can make a PC go from a pile of crap to a quick running solitaire playing machine in short order.

Old 01-27-2004, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackHawk
Ya know, I used to think the 46HV sounded cool, but it was a lot of money & I figured how different from the TM45 could it be? (I'd been putting off the idea of a TM45 since I got my first DS in 2001, so I wasn't going to bother now!) After riding an ATV that has -very- close to the same modifications as my ATV & seeing the amazing difference in power, I'm going to buy one as soon as I put together the funds.

My 2003 Baja ran about 33-34 MPH up Olds on my best runs, & I'd been making quite a few - which is very within range of a slightly modified DS. The DS I rode which had the Lectron installed I never clocked it up Olds with me on it (I weigh in at 220Lbs.) - however it's owner hit 41 or 42 MPH (I forgot, sorry) using the same testing method I used (It's possible he weighs less than me, I never asked - not the kind of thing heterosexual men ask one another in an average conversation.) He has an ATV that was three years older, (2000 Model) and the only power modification he had that I didn't (aside from the Lectron) was a RWR CDI. So it's either the carburetor, or the CDI that did it, and after the owner telling me the carburetor made a huge difference I was going to believe him when he told me it was the carburetor.

One thing to notice is that -anyone- who has rode an ATV with or owns an ATV with the Lectron can't say enough good things about it. (Myself included - and I like it well enough I plan to purchase one in the future.) The only people who are skeptics are the ones who haven't tried it. I can't personally attest to whether or not the 46HV is the perfect carburetor for someone with huge modifications already - only a *proper* dyno test could truly answer that; however the 46HV flat out rocks on low - mid level modified bikes near as I can tell.

I find myself wondering why the people who are most skeptical are also the ones who *appear* to have the deepest pockets. (I’m making this assumption based on how quickly those people acquire toys & goodies – it takes me a couple of years to outfit a quad to my taste; some people - a couple of weeks.) I would think to some people it’d be worth $550 to have a factual answer to the question of how well it performs. Heck, I’m sure after the tests you could even sell the carburetor without any trouble. (Or would you opt to keep it?)

Additionally, I don’t in any sense of the word have the time (most important!), money or engine tuning knowledge to take my ATVs to a dyno for tuning. I’m happy to pay for properly dyno tuned equipment – I know that if I tried to tune an ATV on the dyno the results would be less than exciting; however if you need a PC tune up I can make a PC go from a pile of crap to a quick running solitaire playing machine in short order.
Well Said Blackhawk!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-27-2004, 02:54 AM
Canadian and Proud of it !!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blackhawk said it the best guys !!!

You will not go wrong with this carb. I was in the same boat as Blackhawk from the day I bought my DS. I have been reading the posts about the TM45 - do I hook up the pump, do I cut the spring, what jets do I need. This is why after a lot of reading and emails between me and MR. Hp I decided to go with his Lectron.

It took me 3 years of ridding to know how my bike felt with different jetting and how to make the littlest changes to correct it. (I thank all the Forum members for the info over the years). I was getting tired of changing jets through.

I as well do not have money falling out of my wallet to throw down on any mods. After speaking to Eric numerious times he made me fell very comfortable about my purchase. The whole package (carb, ported intake, cable, thumb throtte) was almost $1000 - Canadain by the time all the smoke cleared.

I do not regret the purchase one bit.

I rode with Blackhawk quite a bit in Glamis during 4-stroke Wars. Yes we do weigh the same (thank for the complement Chris). My bike may have been set up a little better for hill shoting - I have 9 paddle Extreams compared to Blackhawk angles. I run almost the same gearing, but do a have a woods box.
I could pull away from Blackhawk by 4- 5 lenghts easy at the top of Olds.

If anybody else would like to ride my Raptor Killer you are more then welcome. I will be in St. A's in June, come down and see the differance the lectron makes.

Come guys go ahead and buy it - Sell something if you have to.

You wil not be disapointed !!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-27-2004, 03:32 AM
Pro Rider

Blackhawk,
I think you put the capper on a great link of discussions. Now just got to save the pennies[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-27-2004, 03:39 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

Blackhawk, did you happen to notice if your and the Lectron bike had the same rear tires? how about the gearing?
I think it's great that more people are trying to develop more products for the DS and it's great that MRHP is providing dyno results but as Hightower has stated he and I and many others would like to see comparisons between different carbs on the same bike and the same dyno. If someone wants to count me as one of the pessimists then so be it.
I have one of the first DS's to hit the dunes and I've raced just about everything including a couple hundred DS's and about 90% of the new DS guys just don't seem to get it. Gearing and tires have the biggest effect on performance dollar for dollar. It makes me sad to beat these guys. They're out there getting beat by raptors and convincing those guys the DS's are slugs. These guys have pipes, carbs and cdi's and are ready to really get into the money with cams, piston and porting and they never got the basics down. Big Doug South won the 2003 FSW stock class and dynoed at 36 hp! I'll bet he could have taken half of the stock bore mod class as well.

Old 01-27-2004, 03:46 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

Oops, I guess I type too slow, the question got answered and it's as I thought. Get rid of those angled padddles like they have SARS. That was the first set of paddles I ran on my DS, night and day to the 22" 9 paddle extremes.

Old 01-27-2004, 05:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Fellas, Just to state the facts with my dealings with Mr. Horsepower: When I first spoke with Eric, he never tried to sell me anything, He was VERY helpfull and gave Hp tricks for free and still does do that for everybody, he knows That I run a tm48mm, and he has not tried to pursway me otherwise...Who pays for his R&D for simple hp tricks??? He practically invented a Drag down pipe that is Very impressive to say the least...Who paid him for all the dyno time and adjustments?

And also about the carb (lectronHV) you can easily convert to alky without much of a hassle , and I will be testing a 48mm lectron soon.

A great comparison would be the price of New dual 39s ($800+) or a lectron 48mm, I would like to see the dyno #s compared between the two, and see if $$$ can be saved $ per hp. And it is nice to get it pre dialed in for alky nitro blend even, or just dialed in on gas..

I do agree on gearing and paddles and such, once that is dialed in on any bike, Its time to go taller on the gearing and have the HP to pull it strong...

I just cant wait for the superlight piston (fast reving),795- 800+ cc roller motor MRHP been donateing his time with... Dont run him off by picking apart profit margins...Believe this, Im sure MRHP takes his fair share of time just to talk to people and give good advise ALL DAY LONG(via phone or E-mail)...He has made a good end cap for the stock pipe, but I havnt heard many people Talk about how much they saved by not buying an aftermarket pipe that loses you HP. Just my 3 Cents ... If you look at it this way, you can get a stock DS, put on the end cap, spend the money on the carb and not the pipe, and you might just be up in HP with more in your pocket. Q Some one tell me if I am out of line here with these statements..

Quick Reply: Lectron 46hv...just the facts