CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

AC racing's customer service SUCKS!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC racing's customer service SUCKS!

i ordered a pair of pro-pegs for my ds way back in december.... i received them around the 20th.

upon installation (or shall i say ATTEMPT at installation...) i noticed the fit of both nerfs/brackets was HORRIBLE.....

i was able to hammer the hell out of the right side to finally get it close enough to fit....

but the left side isnt even CLOSE to fitting....

(i would be EMBARRASSED to actually SELL a product that was this far from fitting...)

[and i thought ok, maybe my mounts are for a different machine...but then i learned of 3-4 of you who all had trouble with them...]

almost seems like they left a 5 year old with a set of crayons in the R&D department on these things....

i called them january 4th (they were not open like december 24th to january 3rd...)

and they said they would have a new set of mounts out "asap"

i called again two weeks later, to hear that someone basically "forgot about my order" Then supposedly at that point the order was supposedly taken care of...

it is now February 11th.... over a MONTH and i still have not heard or seen anything from them....

whats up with that? most companies i have dealt with care a lot about customer support... because if the customer is happy they will probably come back.... i know one thing for sure... i will not purchase a single item ever again from AC.....

sorry to vent...but its ridiculous the way im getting treated after spending 200+ bucks....

Old 02-11-2004, 11:07 PM
Trailblazer

Hey its alright to vent its people like your self that lets us al know how these companies work so thank you. never really cared for ther adds anyway

Old 02-12-2004, 10:14 AM
Trailblazer

AC Racing doesn't have customer service. Everyone has the same problem you did with the pro-pegs and heel guards. Once they're on they're great, but the fit is so bad you'd swear they sent you the wrong ones. I emailed them to send me a new pair when they get their manufacturing jig set up right...no response.

I used longer bolts and 2-inch offsets to attach the fenders, because there was no way they would reach.

Old 02-12-2004, 08:53 PM
Range Rover

Sure hope they fix the problem soon, I sure would like a pair ( ones that fit right ). Who has the best price on them?

Old 02-12-2004, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

some friends of mine ordered thiers from atvaddiction.com
after two months they cancelled their order because they hadnt shipped yet.... (they then ordered thru moto man)

around xmas time no one had them in stock but atv addiction, so thats where i placed my order... (only to find out a week before xmas that mine still had not been shipped...) my price there was 180....

i then quickly found motoman.com which had them for like 210ish... but i received them in 4 days! (on xmas eve!)

i did however JUST NOW receive an email from atv addiction now letting me know he has two sets in stock.. (and at 180 i would go for them)

but dealing with the people at moto-man was a good experience.

Old 02-13-2004, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

mine weren't too bad to install, i just had everything loose for the footpeg and motor mounts, a lil tight fit but hey don't move like at all, the heelguard had be bent a tad for them to fit and the fender had to also be a lil pursuaded, but overall i'd get them again, or the standard wit ims pegs n heelguards but thats way too expensive for me

Old 02-13-2004, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

ya but you have the old design... maybe its just that the new ones havnt been out long enough? but still youd think a manuf. would want to nearly perfect the product before you release it?

Old 02-13-2004, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

thats true,wat is the difference between the new n old design? like just bigger footpegs or wat?

Old 02-13-2004, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

on the new ones there is a different fender mounting bracket, and the heel guards are also different (if you go to the ac site i beleive they have a pic)

Old 02-13-2004, 03:06 PM
Range Rover

thanks for the good info. Roost.

Quick Reply: AC racing's customer service SUCKS!