CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Best exhaust w/o internal mods?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 02:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best exhaust w/o internal mods?

Alba is a very good and reliable pipe to get. It is forrest approved with the supertrap end on it. It has plates so where u can make it quiet or loud. You can also change the plates out to have better low end or high end power, whatever u prefer. You can get a kit where the pipe (complete exhaust system with header pipe), K&N filter and jets. It helped mine out like u wouldnt believe. I think u can get it all for about 450$. Hope this helps!!

Old 02-18-2004, 08:23 AM
sam
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gashog,

I enjoy this kinda talk, its good info for future refrence for newbes. It just goes to show that some bikes run differnt or respond differnt in the enveirments we ride in or how we ride them and want them to run.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] did you catch all that.wheeeew.

How I came accros the lid on lid off thing was with my cuzs Baja. with the quad just Idling not in gear and wack the thorottle hard we noticed a diffrance in the tach on how fast it would build rpms. with the lid off it would build slower than with lid on. then we decided to race with the lids on and lids off. we came up with the same results it ran better with the lid on. we live on mostly flat land or woodsy areas so hill shooting is out of the question.

Sam[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-18-2004, 03:08 PM
Trailblazer

As far as pipes are concerned... Stay away from the Trinity with a stock pig. I slapped one on and lost all but 3 hp. So I sent it back and Trinity was cool about it. With some internal mods it would really come alive I am sure, but for stock, no way. I rejetted and put a RW cdi on, with lid off mind you, and she really came alive. This whole lid debate has me baffled. I usually put it on during the winter and keep it off in the summer. I did notice snappier throttle response with the lid OFF. I guess each pig is different and you have to find out how she'll respond to each little mod.

Old 02-18-2004, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigPink
As far as pipes are concerned... Stay away from the Trinity with a stock pig. I slapped one on and lost all but 3 hp. So I sent it back and Trinity was cool about it. I did notice snappier throttle response with the lid OFF.
Ditto, lost power, sent it back, they were cool

Snappier throttle response - felt the same thing, right off idle, but consistently got beat in drag races. The dyno explains this. I highly suggest going to the dyno, before claiming facts.

Old 02-18-2004, 04:37 PM
Trailblazer

Hey triple deuce - I wasn't claiming anything! I was just saying what I did ya ron. I have never put her on the dyno and I don't really intend too. I race on a couple tracks here in MI and hit the dunes a few times a year. I don't need a dyno to tell me my pig is running good, I let the checkered flag explain.

Old 02-18-2004, 07:25 PM
Trailblazer

Bartlett, thanks for your friendly debate comment. I also enjoy talking tech without anyone getting mad.
I would like you to do one thing for me. Check out how many videos of DS's are shown on other web sites that don't make it to the top of Choke Cherry. Compare that to my very close to stock machine. Choke Cherry is no problem and I can make it up the steeper chutes at the sides too. I realize that you won't be satisified until I show a dyno comparison and I don't have access to a dyno. But, if I get a chance to dyno it I will let you know what happens.

I have noticed a pattern, however. It seems that people with later models (2003s) are claiming more ponys without the lid while the older machines run better with the lid on. Maybe there is a difference in the way the carbs are set up. Anyway, that's just a quick observation.

Old 02-18-2004, 08:51 PM
Trailblazer

Well my 03DS did feel like it ran alot better with the lid off. Tryed both and had better lucky with it off at Dumont, go figure. Run TM45 now so, there is not even a airbox my DS now )
Just my 2cents for what it's worth.