CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

camp site thief

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default camp site thief

Originally posted by: deanz400
but i wish we could treat theives like the middel east treats them cut off a hand or such , then it would take more thieves to steal the same stuff . kind of like one handed clapping [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
I like what you said. If I saw a guy walking down the street with no right hand, I could presume that it was good that my valuables were locked up and I would have PC to inquire what he has in the backpack![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-19-2004, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

Originally posted by: BillDS650
Tricks for camp thieves 1. Leave old gas can out and un-lock full with gas and sugar. Just make sure nobody in your camp use it. 2. Have an empty tequila bottle to go in let it cool off and leave out in plain sight.
Sandman told us the last time we were riding....."Taste this Tequila, doesnt it taste funny to you guys too?" ROFL..... just kidding sandman..lol.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-19-2004, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

RPM is that a 73 Torino? I had a 74...great cars.

Old 02-20-2004, 01:05 AM
RPM
Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

There isn't much left of it that is a 74, but it is a 74 Torino with a 73 Gran Torino front end.

Old 02-20-2004, 10:26 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

after watching this post it is sad to see how many of us have been victims. well i guess i'll be looking at my security a little harder.

Old 02-20-2004, 02:57 PM
Quad Patrol
Default camp site thief

The system that Bartlettracing put the link to looks sweet. Being in the thief catching business for awhile, I havent heard of that particular system. Bartrlettracing, do you have one or know anyone one that does? From the website, looks like it might be an out of country site due to the typing. I know one of the systems we use to track stolen vehicles is the LoJack system. Our local agencies have the systems installed on patrol cars and can search for a stolen vehicle with it. Down side to the system is that the local agency needs to have the system in their units to track. I haven't seen any state parks or forest service rangers with the antennas on their vehicles. Also, onstar works great, had worked with the company a few times. We found what we were looking for.

Old 02-22-2004, 03:16 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default camp site thief

that sucks

Old 02-23-2004, 10:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

that would be neat to track the bad guys down

Old 02-23-2004, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

Well I can tell you in Wyoming if someone comes on your property you are allowed to take whatever means necessary to secure your property. I don't like telling this Story but I will so people know it is all right to defend themselves against thieves.

Most of you who know me know that I am a really nice guy and my Angry behavior is usually all talk, well I am not proud of what I did but I got lost in the moment. About 13 yrs ago or so, we had a lot of Utah kids who were coming up to our little town trying to get the local kids to start gangs. These were actually kids from L. A. that their parents were trying to get them away from the L.A. Street gangs. Anyway, so of these thug kids got some of the local kids mixed up with them and the local kids knew my family. Well everyone in my town thought my Folks were Wealthy beyond belief but that wasn't really the case. So one night about 2:00 a.m. I hear some noise in the garage which just happens to be right underneath my window. Well I had just gotten out of the Army and was still pretty brainwashed and Gung ho, so I grabbed my M-15 converted into a M-16 and I stealthily climbed out the window onto the overhang under my window and then on top of the Garage. I really couldn't see much it was pretty dark and I was wishing I still had my NVG's. So as I am laying on top of the garage in the Prone position I see 5 kids start wheeling my Banshee and a P.O.S. utility quad my dad owned out to the street. Well are drive way is about 50 yds long. I was so pissed off to see these kids stealing my Brand new Banshee that I had jsut bought and had no insurance on I went Postal!! I Yelled at them and said " Hold it right there!!" Don't move I have a weapon trained on you and I won't hesitate to use it!! Well, they were in a state of shock because they had no Idea where I was! So, 4 of the 5 kids bolted but the last kid who apparently wasn't from our town thought he was a real bad **** and said F-YOU!!! And he started trying to wheel the banshee out to the street where those kids were waiting for him with the truck. I said, Oh, Helllllllll No!!! And opened fire on this kid and his buddies out in the street!.

Well don't freak out yet people. I actually shot the kid in his leg and that was enough to get him on the ground and the other kids wigged and took off like Bat's of of Helll and it was over. I jumped down off the garage and ran over to the kid to see if he was all right and he stood up and instead of trying to apologise or anything he comes at me! So I took the butt of my rifle and smashed him in his grill and that was pretty much it for him. I called the Sheriff and he came out and grabbed the kid and said they had been looking for this punk because he was 1 of three Utah kids up here trying to start ****. The Sheriff said good job and I thought I was going to get hauled off, but he said to me when someone is on your property and they don't obey a command from you to leave, you are in full right to take whatever action you deam necessary! Especially when they have your personal property in their possesion.

Moral of the story is, You steal from me you are going to get lead poisoning real fast! LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2004, 01:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

does everyone know what nvg's are[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i like the green glow myself

Quick Reply: camp site thief