CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What do you think I should do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think I should do?

Well for the past couple months I've been thinking about getting another quad like a ds or ex. For the past few days i've been thinking about buying a older truck and put insurance on it for a year and save up a bit more money n buy a mid-90s dirtbike. I started out riding dirtbikes and i liked it then, i just didn't like riding it in the mud that much. But since i'll still have the ds i can just ride that in the mud instead, or just not go riding at all. So what do you guys think of this idea?feel free to post your opinion

Old 02-17-2004, 05:35 PM
sam
Pro Rider

well if you get a quad you can still come over to my track and ride if you get the bike you cant (no bikes on track)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] but then again if you dont have a truck you cant get eather one over here. so I would get the truck JMO and save for that quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Sam

Old 02-17-2004, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

well i'm almost postive that i'm going to buy an old truck, wat i was thinkin was after i bought the truck n put the insurance on it n crap, then save up a lil n get a small loan for a bike, you can get decent bikes here for like $2000, use it for the spring n summer, strip it in the winter, clean it right up, sell it in the spring, n durin this time i'll b savin so once i sell the bike i can go for a quad, so if i get a truck i could bring my ds i have now, mind if i ask y no bikes?

Old 02-17-2004, 08:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

hard to save when your fueling a truck.

Old 02-17-2004, 08:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SANDMAN430
hard to save when your fueling a truck.
Got that right! Gas prices are insane!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2004, 08:56 PM
sam
Pro Rider

ruts and rut and ruts. after one day of letting a bike ride on the track I was on my tractor another day fixing all the ruts
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2004, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sam
ruts and rut and ruts. after one day of letting a bike ride on the track I was on my tractor another day fixing all the ruts
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
understandable,

and i won't be driving it everyday, and i'll b looking for a v6, or i may even buy a small car n put a trailer hitch on it

Old 02-18-2004, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

nobody else has an opinion on this?

Old 02-18-2004, 11:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The question is how bad do you want the quad or dirt bike? Once you buy that truck, the quad or dirt bike is going to get A LOT further away - keep that in mind. If you buy the quad or dirt bike first, then the truck is going to be pretty darn far off as well. If you need the truck, get the truck - life sucks if you can't drive. I personally like quads much much better, and like you I started out riding a dirt bike, though only for a couple of months - then I rode nothing for several years until I bought my first quad.

If you want the best deal on a quad or bike you'll want to have your cash ready in hand for the moment that good deal shows up - good deals don't last and they do come along once in a while. (I've missed enough of them to know!)

Concerning the truck - do you have something else you can drive? Or are you stuck at home if you don't buy it? (I'm not sure even owning two DS650s could overcome the boredom of being stuck at home...)

Hey - I have the perfect solution! MORE MONEY! Maybe you can get lucky and find a job paying like $10/hr or more (oh, wait, it's gotta be more than that in CA dollars) but anyhow, find a really good job and you can get both. Or you can work your butt off with two jobs, which will leave you with no time to spend any money and then you can buy both as well.

Old 02-19-2004, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

well i do like quads better but i can get a good bike for way way cheaper, i could prolly borrow one of my parents vehicles on like a fri nite or somethin like that, but i know they'll get tired of it which is y i want my own, and i am gettin resumes n stuff ready rite now to apply for full time jobs for the summer, but i'd need a vehicle to get there,im even contemplating a small car, my dads buddy has a old metro i think, has rebuilt motor n tranny, n its dirt cheap, like the insurance would b like 3 times wat the cars worth, put a trailer hitch on it n build a lil trailer outta stuff around here, or build it as a final project for welding class, lol, i'm definetly going to try to get a full time job during the summer, n maybe find some side jobs to do during weekends and stuff until then, n i live in the middle of nowhere so i can go quite a few places on my quad but not nearly as much as a car, plus i think it'd b kinda funny to have a metro w/a 3 banger and a trailer hitch,