CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Ported Intake!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ported Intake!!!

Got my intake ported over the weekend. A guy here in my town did it for me. It looks good but hope it works better though lol. Looks like it will though. Haven't got to put it back on because i am in the process of making my bomb go faster. New piston (12:5:1), New Lectron 46hv carb, Ported intake,Barnett Clutch Kit and modified air box. Can't wait untill it is all done. I will post a picture of my intake in a couple of days when i get the pic developed. What i couldn't believe is that the guy which i know only charged me $20 for the porting work. I have heard from other people that his head porting is awsome so i said what the heek ill let him port my intake. Turned out good looks just like Mr. HP's ported intakes and it was a whole lot cheaper. I will let yall know how my quad turns out when it is all finished and put back together and brake the new piston in. I am happy cant u tell lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Well anything u might think let me know, i am always up to ideas.

--------------------
"01" DS650-Alba complete pipe-K&N Filter-Jets--ITP Sand Star paddles(IN THE PROCESS OF MAKING IT FASTER)
"96" Polaris Scrambler 400-Pipe-K&N Filter&jets
"96" Yamaha Timberwolf 250-Stock

Old 02-24-2004, 10:12 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ported Intake!!!

one of the things to look at on the intake is where the manifold mounts the head, they don't match up real well in this area, you may want to enlarge the holes that the mounting screws go into, so you can adjust the manifold for no edges that are flat. having had some port and head work done, the thing i've learned is these aren't two strokes and just removing material isn't the answer, so if you go for some head porting, do your research.