CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Any parts off 2000, what would you pay?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any parts off 2000, what would you pay?

Guys as some of you know ive been in a battle for years over the original title to my DS.. i have a TX duplicate Title.... long a$$ story but the bottom line is the dude i bought it from pretty much went bankcrupt and it affected the title... anyway.... ive been trying to get a clean title for years and nothing short of sueing this guys is going to work... and sueing a dude whos gone bankrupt will get me no-where...ANYWAY i was thinking about buying a 2000 model DS off ebay.. ive seen um go for as low as $2500ish, sometimes more sometimes less.. anyway the clean title and frame would be worth $1000 to me... so bascially id have a full quad to part out in hopes of recaping at least $1500... can you guys help me list some of the parts that you think i would not have too hard of a time selling and the approximate price... like Engine would be the big one.. but besides that theres not much that would go for any considerable amount.. what do you guys think... or i could put my untitled frame in it and try to sell if for $1500 untitled? what do you guys think.. just brainstorming..theres one on ebay right now with a buy it now for $2950.. looks pretty good condition...
thanks alot
Jetjock16

Old 02-26-2004, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

find a clear crashed frame(cheap), strip your numbers and have the ones from the clean frame stamped on yours?

Old 02-26-2004, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

good idea, know where any are?.. the DS frame is hard as a rock!.. have not heard of too many crashed ones.. if you do have one like that though.. you can legit'ly take it and the new unstamped one(like quadpro sells for $400) to places and have them stamp new numbers... its totally legit.. but i need a crashed frame with title?
thanks
Jetjock16

Old 02-26-2004, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

hmmm i was thinkin about biddin on that ds too, but i'm pretty worried bout gettin screwed over

Old 02-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Frist if you have liegetimatly paid for your quad and the seller refuses to give you free tiltle file a suit aginst him in court .They will notifie him by mail which most bankruptcies have lost there original residience or have quit opening mail in any case if he dose not show in court. The courts will find in your favor and give you rights to title and this can be done for aprox. 50 bucks the law dose work if applied right.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2004, 11:06 AM
sam
Pro Rider

I agree w/ AZAND if you have proof of sale w/ his signature and it was b4 his bankruptcy the court should be in your favor. If there was a lean on it and he clamed that lean in the bankruptcy that would be real trouble. The lean holder would half to sign off. that all should be public records. have you talked to the county clerk about the cost to go to court? or about this persons bankruptcy? it might be cheper to take him to court, than going through the hassel of parting out a quad. JMO
hope every thing works out. I know it can be fustrating(SP)

Sam

Old 02-27-2004, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the advice guys.. ive never really delt with lawyers and all that.. .. the only people i talked to are free legal counclers on my military base.. but they dont know much... anyway if i was to persue this leagally.. what would be the first step.. talk to a lawyer out of the phone book? or what?
thanks guys
Jetjock16

Old 02-27-2004, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

I thought that a duplicate title, if issued by the state, was just as good as the origional; actually voids the origional due to a duplicate being issued.

Old 02-27-2004, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

The title i have says "Duplicate Title" "Non transferable"... and has lien holder"bombardier finiance incorp" on it.. and it is in the other dudes name.. he just gave it too me with bill of sale and a bunch of other paperwork when i got it.
JJ

Old 02-27-2004, 02:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Lawyers are for when you have to prove right or wrong if you have reciepts.!!! YOU ARE RIGHT !!! you can go down to your local court house and fill out the paper work yourself and act on your own behalf .Hopefully he gave you a lien release when you paid him??? because if he did not have a lien release from bombardier then they legaly own the bike. I would check with them to see if they were ever paid off ??? I don't want to act like a lawyer because im not. I just sold a co i owned for 10 years that deals in matters like this all day long. And this is a very common problem.If you wish to call me and better explain the situation i can explain how we would solve your problem if it was our problem.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] PM me with your ph# if you wish.

Quick Reply: Any parts off 2000, what would you pay?