CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What's your best riding memories?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's your best riding memories?

Hey guys-

I sold my DS almost a year ago but still read the forums here daily. Here's a quote I read from a Predator owner that really made me want my DS back!

50 miles will be easy. I rode mine hard for about 38 with some mild jetting and a WB pipe and had a good half tank left. I wasn't taking it easy either. The trails were whooped so I had to ride the tops and you can't do that at 30mph..thats for sure.
That brought back memories of riding around Black River Falls, WI. If any of you guys know that trail system, you will know that whoops can get nearly 2' deep! The Predator owner couldn't take the whoops at 30 MPH, but I fondly remember taking the trails around BRF pinned in 4th gear many times! Just goes to show how superior the DS's suspension is to the competition.

Next memory I have is the day I rode over 350 miles on the DS by myself. I have heard of a few snowmobiles doing that in a day, but not many ATV's. I don't know of another ATV I'd like to ride hard all day at 70+MPH! I don't know of another ATV I COULD ride hard all day at 70+MPH!

Finally, I'll never forget the first time I got to race a Banshee with my DS. We were nearly even all the way to top gear, and that's where I started to pull away and leave him in the dust. I'll never forget what he said afterwords, "I never thought that pig could go that fast!"

Old 03-02-2004, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's your best riding memories?

Hey Wiscrambler,

I too have some very fond memories of riding at black river falls. I live in Lake Geneva. I was riding the Dusty Trail System in Oconto county wisconsin a couple of years back. Its a great trail system. My friend had his Craptor, and I had the Ds. We averaged 53 mph on that ride. (according to the gps) If you have never been on this trail, its got tons of tight turns and woops. There was a stretch of asphalt within the trail about 3 miles or so long. Since I have never been there and my friend and his craptor were, I thought I would follow him. Well, I was riding behind him, not knowing he was topped out on speed. I figured, lets race. So, I pinned the throttle for the next 2 miles. When I came to a complete stop at the end, I looked back, and I was about 300 yards ahead of him. All I could say was, "Next time, try to keep up Ok" Another fond memory is right after I installed my stage 2 with head porting. I took a trip to Silver Lake michigan with my ATV club. I didnt tell anyone about the mods I had made the week before. There was a group of about 6 of us headin down to the lake front doin about 40 or so, when I thought its time to show these guys what I did. I pulled in the clutch in 3rd, reved to about 7500, and dumped it. Not only did I wheelie for 20 yards or so, I roosted the hell out of the guys behind me. I cant figure out why the banshee guys get an attitude just because they lose a race or two these days.

Good topic,

Gary