CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Silly ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 02:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silly ?

K! this is silly, but want to ask it before I remove my exhaust. On the RWR exhaust the 2 cooper rings, go for the headpipe to the head right? I never checked if they could even fit into the midsection to the head pipe till it was all together, now I'm ?ing myself. I reread the paper they gave with the exhaust but it only said that the 2 cooper rings are for the headpipe.
Please help before I remove the head pipe to only find out they can only fit in the head, and waste a bunch of time.

Old 03-06-2004, 04:36 PM
Trailblazer
Default Silly ?

Ohh please someone has to have the rwr exhaust. HEHEHEH I really don't want to remove the exhaust to check.

Old 03-06-2004, 09:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default Silly ?

Yes the copper rings are the exhaust to head gaskets [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] You did fine grasshopper[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] You are now ready to ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2004, 09:25 PM
Trailblazer
Default Silly ?

Woot thank you!
I thought it was right but was not 100% sure since the head pipes to mid section had no clamps, just the press together fit.
Past exhaust from street bikes and other dirt bikes used a gasket at the head so with out thinking I just installed them there, and never checked the the mid pipe.
Anyway thank you again, just need to install the clutch springs and I'm full stage II.
Any secerts for a quicker install of the springs on the DS?

Old 03-06-2004, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Silly ?

If you are questioning an easy way to stetch the exhaust springs onto the exhaust pipe, take a coat hanger or welding rod and bend it so you can pull on the spring straight into place. Be sure to use some gloves. Hope that helps

Old 03-07-2004, 02:00 AM
Trailblazer
Default Silly ?

Nope was talking about the clutch springs.
And if anyone cares I found out on a 03 DS you don't need to remove the left foot peg, just the one inboard front bolt on the foot peg.
Anyway I just fired her up with the new 11.5 to 1 compersion piston and cams (RWR stage 2 kit) jeting looks to be a little out but will have to ride her in the morning to find out. Damn I'm happy that it fired up on the first try, that's got to be a good sign.
Wish me luck tomorrow, on the real test of riding it.