CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Discredit-BAD INFO-Food For Thought

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discredit-BAD INFO-Food For Thought

for a minute there I thought I was in Bazarro World [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-09-2004, 07:33 PM
Range Rover

Just my two cents. Mr. HP is upfront with the price of his carb. If you buy it, and get the performance that is claimed, or that you wanted out of it, what seems to be the problem? You know the price before you even ordered it. If other people can sell a carb that performs as good for cheaper, with the support he offers, maybe you should put it on the market. If not we should go on with life. The greater majority of people that deal with Mr. HP on this site seem to be very happy with his help, that should say something.

Old 03-09-2004, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

I agree..... no complaints here.

It has also come to my attention that the possibility of MR HP producing his own needles exists.... If this is the case, then I oppologize unreservedly! My problem with the scenario was simply two fold:

1. If it's stock needles and grinding the numbers off so that people can't share info, I felt that it was a disservice to the community.

2. If that was the case, not only would it be a disservice, but at a huge mark-up.

Never a question of what he was aloud to do, or not to do. Never a question of him being a good guy. Never question of him helping people. Never questions his right as a tuner/modifier to sell at a particular price point.

Only wanted to know why everything was so secretive. It may very well come down to he does things one way and I would do them another. If that is the case, such is life and we all move on.

I HOLD NO GRUDGE AGAINST MR HP, 222, SANDOHOLIC, SNEEZE, SANDMAN, BILLSNER and I hope you don't hold a grudge against me.

1BADRAPTOR: I don't understand????? You're telling who, what?

Old 03-09-2004, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigDaddy331
222 it's in the email that I pasted in my last post. I got in contact with this guy from the Lectron site.

Here is the site: http://www.lectronfuelsystems.com

The site says the "Official Home Page of Lectron "R" Fuel Systems Inc."

Looks pretty official to me?!?!?!?

Just so that we're all above board here, who is your contact 222?

maybe I could call them and find out the information that you're posting. I'm an open book as always..... I would ask you to do the same.

222, Mr HP, SixSixt, whom ever else is listening... Please help me get to the bottom of this. If this is a bad guy, and the site and email are bogus I would sure like to know. You see the emails, you see the price, you see the web site and the email that's listed in the site and my email conversations back and forth.

Please help me. Help me to Help MR HP if this is in fact bogus. There certainly seems to be some crap floating around that is not factual. I would hate to think that all this is more garbage submitted for damage control.

Please help me get to the bottom of this.

BigDaddy

Thank you. This will be dealt with tomorrow. I'll give you all the information.

Old 03-09-2004, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

that would be great... thanks

BigDaddy

Old 03-09-2004, 08:00 PM
Range Rover

Nope, no grudge. I was just throwing in my two cents also. I'm relatively new to the DS, but not new to riding, or mechanics, so I appreciate all the vast knowledge from this site, and pick and choose the info. that is pertinent to my situations. Just would like to thank everyone, and say that Eric has helped me immensely over the phone, and that I've have also appreciated some of the info. that you have posted on your research.

Old 03-09-2004, 08:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Originally posted by: couchonwheels
Just my two cents. Mr. HP is upfront with the price of his carb. If you buy it, and get the performance that is claimed, or that you wanted out of it, what seems to be the problem? You know the price before you even ordered it. If other people can sell a carb that performs as good for cheaper, with the support he offers, maybe you should put it on the market. If not we should go on with life. The greater majority of people that deal with Mr. HP on this site seem to be very happy with his help, that should say something.

Well said.

Also, I must add-- If you get a carb straight from lectron, you might spend a few thousand on the dyno to get it to perform 100%. Or even near where MR.HP sends it out.

Old 03-10-2004, 12:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bigdaddy while you were talking to lectron did you ask them how much it cost them to make the carb? You could have schooled them on how much to charge[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]j/k

Old 03-10-2004, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for your input Sandbomber.....

why do I even try. Maybe the best way is to just shut up, not try to do something significant for the community....

What the he!! for those that have PM'd me - thank you for your support. I will keep in contact with those who have contacted me by PM and or email. This form of discussion tends to let people pop off with garbage comments that add nothing to the conversation. I've even had PM's from members that have purchased and support MR. HP that understand my views and have pledged to help me get the answers for which I search. Those are the real gentlemen of the forums. They appose my view but are still going out of their way to be good people. Hats off to you for your efforts. Those that I have traded PM's with know that I have not bad mouthed anyone privately let alone publicly.

MR. HP - My intent here was to understand the mark-up and it's rational. I appologize if I have caused you any pain during my inquest. I have thanked you on the phone, in email and on posts in this forum. Again, thank you for your time, your support for the DS community and your efforts in and around quading. I guess, for the betterment of the community, I will agee to disagree with your position and wish you luck with your future endevours.

Big Daddy signing off

Old 03-10-2004, 01:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Come on Bigdaddy its all in fun. Hope to ride with you some day, sounds like your a great guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Discredit-BAD INFO-Food For Thought