CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Hey what was all the B.S. about with Knutz and Team Pami?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 12:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey what was all the B.S. about with Knutz and Team Pami?

I realize everyone can make comments after the fact, but I think Don should have gone a different route when building engines using Pami parts. I think if he had kept a normal job as his primary source of income, and built engines as a hobby until the Business grew enough to properly support him (and in that time I'm sure he would have figured out several ways to streamline the business - which that is as important as anything) I suspect his engines would be quite popular today still. He probably would have had a waiting list (it's not there were any other options out at the time) and he could have really got his ducks in a row. There could be other factors though, perhaps Pami didn't want to wholesale products to someone who wasn't full time or other BS, but I think starting out as a hobby engine builder would have made his ship sail a lot longer.

Dad Bandit, if we all email Tom and mention the name John Kelton, he should know exactly what the issue is about, correct? What sort of resolution are you hoping to get from Tom? I doubt there is anything he could do to win you back as a customer, but what are you thinking he could do to even up with you & make you not want to pound him? Actually, if you want REAL resolution, we should get a few of the DS Gang to run over to where Tom works - I know Several of the DS guys are WAY over 6' tall (BigDaddy said he is about 6'10" @ 320) so get a few of these guys to go with you and ask nicely that he level up, might just convince him not to mess with the DS gang.

Old 03-11-2004, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

I see way to many "NICE" people on this thread!!!! For one if someone gets my bikes or quads and they say they are going to work on them and they don't in a certain period of time or send it back to me missing parts, then I'll just find out why that is!!! I'll FLY, DRIVE, or WALK if I have to, to where ever it is he works on them and DEMAND an explanation!! That AND I'll have him contacted through a lawyer or even BETTER, I'll go in and work on him!!! I absolutely cannot understand how ANY of you could get ripped off or have MONEY taken from you besides maybe at a DEALERSHIP where they are CROOKS of the worst kind! Mr. PAMI seems to have ALOT of people ticked off at him!! Instead of complaining about it here, MAN UP and take care of business guys!!! Get your money's worth out of your quad or out of him, THAT SIMPLE!

Old 03-11-2004, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

I always thought a Weber 40 DCOE on a DS would be a good carb. I thought about building a manifold to try it out last summer, but I didn't want to make it from steel and I'm not set up to weld aluminum.
My little sandrail project that has been going on for three years has 2 DCOE carbs on a homemade manifold feeding a Honda Accord engine. The carbs can be bought pretty cheap, and there's a lot of them out there.

Old 03-17-2004, 07:35 AM
Pro Rider

I have not seen dadbandit do the dance of joy. And I have not been contacted by Don. So I am posting info to give Don Knutz in case he had lost my info.

James phone # is (816) 918-8854

My e-mail is kcarcher@kcweb.net

I am sure that others on this board would like to get there stuff straightened out along with me.

I would like to have what is owed to me, returned. It would make me a happy camper.

DuneDevil