CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Hey what was all the B.S. about with Knutz and Team Pami?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey what was all the B.S. about with Knutz and Team Pami?

I remember a long, long, time ago, in a forum far, far, away.....There was someone having trouble getting a Pami motor back from Knutz? Is that right? I haven't been on here for almost a year (I've been busy!!) and I just remembered that while reading the thread about Mr. HP. So whatever became of that? I did a quick search but couldn't find much.....I'm just being nosy, pretty much......Thanks!!

Old 03-10-2004, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my motor back [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Dune Devil went out to Knutz's and picked up his and THE BOM's motors, the work was not done, but they got their motors back. Both of these are very cool guys and don't talk about it on the forums much, I'm not sure, but I don't think they got any money back. Maybe one of them will post.

Old 03-10-2004, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

This is another situation someone tried to be someone they were not. In this case Knutz tried to give the impression that he was "pami". At least, that's what I thought when I got off the phone with him an hour later. He was in fact, just a pami dealer and went out of business with several people's money and gave pami (a very reputable company) a black eye. Please, Please ask the right questions when dealing with someone new and not established. Who they are, how long in business, what their relationship is with the "brandname". They should even be willing to fax you a copy of their posted business license showing how long they've been in business.

There are scams everywhere,
Careful buying

Old 03-10-2004, 10:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider

that is old bad stuff. but it seems to be over now

Old 03-10-2004, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

It was too bad. Knutz had a lot of good information, and knew the DS forward and backward, but apparently wasn't so good when it came to business operation.

I think the main suppliers for DS parts now are overall pretty good. There's a lot of DS knowledge out there nowadays.

Old 03-11-2004, 12:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

knutz had my motor for 8 months but I was lucky & got it back finally[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2004, 12:23 AM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2004, 07:41 AM
Pro Rider

Yes, everyone on this forum has recieved their motors back from Knutz.

Knutz has not made an attempt to get a hold of anyone in a long time, to my knowledge!

dadbandit, I hope that Hyper will take care of you! I know how it feels to have money "taken" from you!

If anyone knows Tom at Hiper-Technology or Don with Knutz concepts Please tell them to contact the proper people and take care of their business!

I have been too nice for too long! I need some satisfaction!

DuneDevil

Old 03-11-2004, 09:56 AM
Pro Rider

Organdonor got his back?

Old 03-11-2004, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

I met Don Knutz last year in Vegas, and rode his 760 DS. He is a really nice guy, and his whole operation was out of his garage. He had dyno tested two of my end caps, at no charge to me, along with one or two of his designs. He was working on a "top secret" adaptor to put a weber carb on a DS.
He loved what he was doing, but it obviously wasn't paying the bills. It is a damn shame that customers got caught up in his financial problems, and I am glad they all got their motors back. I hope Don is doing okay and wish him the best.

FYI. My end caps came in above and below stock for horsepower! I am running the successful one on my Baja X. It is a little louder than stock, has more low end, 4.5 more hp on top, and has a swirl type spark arrestor with a built in reverse cone. I won't make you one, but I will send you pictures if you send me your e-mail address.

Quick Reply: Hey what was all the B.S. about with Knutz and Team Pami?