CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Which carb is better ???????????

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 02:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which carb is better ???????????

if its a total package turn key kit under a grand I'll take it for sure!
count me in, I'm on this bandwagon, whatching and waiting, patiently........

Old 03-16-2004, 09:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

O i would have to say i have not seen a gas engine only run but i know there is some guy running one at glamis he keeps a low profile. And i have known he was injected for several months now and he seems to be happy!!!And sixtsix i just honestly can't say how every bike will do. But i judge my results on the fact that a couple of drag bikes i have raced for few seasons and could not even see them @ the end of the drags i was right on there rear fenders this weekend and one of the guy's who has refused to belive our fourstrokes could be fast finaly gave me the thumbs up and came over and acknowledge our existence. And imagine this.!!!! Your out dunning with the buds ripping the dunes mashing the jumps and you top the dike and there is drag bikes all over the place. So you guy's stop and watch a tad then the urge hit's you to play so you line up after several attempts to win you get fustrated ."But" you remeber your efi so you drain the rest of the fuel from your bike (put it in your duds tanks) Then you reach back grab the two gallon can from your six pack dump it in your tank pull your palm pilot out of your back pack and reset you mapping and WHAM your in the game. NOW THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!

And when i ran my bike this weekend due to an air leak in my fuel system i was running super Rich it went in for more tunning yesterday and now that its tuned ( I can only give you the results if you check your self in to your local hospitol and have your assigned doctor call me and ok me giving you the results.YOU WILL NEED HIS HELP WHEN YOU HEAR THE DIFFERENTUAL) because reality is brutal.

As ive said elsewhere im not hocking injection system im just sharing good news with the rest of the riders so i don't wish to debate the injection thing i just wanted to make you guy's aware that its out there.If your intrested cool if not cool !!!

Old 03-16-2004, 11:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

hell I'd buy regardless of power gains, I'm a flatlander from the midwest, I gotta travel to ride the good places and they're all over the place with elevation. I constantly have to jet, yeah its easy on a DS with a mikuni flat slide, just pull the plug and you're done in 35 seconds, i can even change the needle in 3 minutes without removing the carb from the bike, but when you start out at 4K and end up at 10K a couple hours later you just let yourself run rich up there because whose gonna stop to jet on a trail? then by the time you come back down outa the clouds the pipe end and grab are all sooty and people think you don't know how to tune! and winter riding, well yesterday it was 60 here, and today I got a blizzard coming down! I wanna be right on the mix 24/7/365 with no effort! and if I get a few ponies to boot, well they're more than welcome

Old 03-16-2004, 01:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

well I just got off the phone with KMS, real nice lady, she's sending me a spec sheet and a picture of the kit.
its ready now, all set for sales and shipping, everybody can order at will!
Price is $1295!! Ouch!!
And it comes with 2 standard maps - one for race gas and one for alky. once you get the kit and install, you gotta go to a fuel injection experienced dyno man who can hook up the laptop and fine tweek it all for your application. KMS said they'd hook you up and tweek ya for $65 per hr., prolly take 2 hours she said.
I'm like whoa man, tweeking aint included in the $1295?!?
But hey I'm in Indiana so I'd have to find a efi guru to hook me up anyway, prolly a few in Indy, just wish they'd get her down to $900 for the kit......
exciting news none the less, I want one, but over a grand for it and the ol' lady would have my nads in a vise for sure!

hey AZ she said the guy I heard about this from must be that crazy arizona local on nitro methane.....

Old 03-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey AZ she said the guy I heard about this from must be that crazy arizona local on nitro methane.....

LOL!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2004, 01:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

How many different sized Throttle bodies do they offer, 52mm is pretty big for a stock bore.

Old 03-16-2004, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

$1295 for EFI is a good deal I found one company thay would make you one for about $3000.00.

Old 03-16-2004, 10:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They want $1495.00 for the Raptor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and you guys alway complain that DS stuff is more. I guess it's our turn. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2004, 11:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

AZ YOU have my attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2004, 12:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

somebody school me on mapping, the lady I talked to said the system needs mapped for each individual machine, and even a pipe change can effect its performance. the cool thing that's got me hooked about EFI is that the O2 sensor in the exhaust adjusts the fuel ratio accordingly at all times for any condition - how does a pipe effect the injection system's performance?
i guess a definition of "mapping" is needed...

Quick Reply: Which carb is better ???????????