CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Which carb is better ???????????

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 03:23 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which carb is better ???????????

Hightower, palm is one brand of pda, or personal digital assistant. A handheld computer that can come in really handy. One that would be compatible to alter fuel mapping could be had for probably $30 used on Ebay. New run from $75 to $750. These things are changing so fast that mine is a dinosaur at 3 years old. If you aren't familiar with them, check them out, they now can incorperate a cell phone, camera, gps, web browser, mp3 player, mini tv, onboard diagnostic scanner reader, movie player, just about everything but a startrek tricorder. Between these and cell phones the lines are bluring and eventually are meant to become an electronic wallet for our cashless society. Oh, and you can sneak games in at work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2004, 03:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you think they are amusing now - just wait. In the next few months, hp is going to release the iPaq 6000 series. This is said the be a quad band cell phone (usable almost anywhere in the world,) a pda with good speed, quality screen, wifi & bluetooth built in, as well as a memory card slot and some other goodies. This unitl will make ANY current cell phone or PDA look like junk. This unit will have the best specs of both worlds making it a very hot ticket very soon. I plan to jump on and make that unit my second PDA as soon as it is released, then my Fiance will get my Trust iPaq 2210 - which is an excellent unit itself.

Shortly after I bought my iPaq 2210 hp released toe 4000 series, which does everything my 2210 does and more, for only $50 more. Once you get into Pocket PCs & handhelds you will NEVER get away from them. It's amazing how useful it can be to have a PC with you anywhere you go. It has the complete office suite on it...

Old 03-18-2004, 03:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

KM that is awesome news man!!
I will wait til they are under a grand, and I WILL buy the system!!!!!!!
Between now and then, I will be looking into pocket pilots!!!!!

Damn I'm behind...there was a time when I was all up on this new technology stuff hardcore....back when I put my first computer together, ram was $100 a meg!!!! the last one I built was a 486dx2 running at 66 Mhz, and it cost me nearly a grand by the time I upped the memory to 8 meg!! wow how times have changed........now I can get a pocket size pc that prolly does more than it for $30?!?!?!??!??!!!!!

Old 03-18-2004, 11:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

AZ, I forgot to ask.

How is the fuel mileage VS your other carbureted set-ups???

KM thanks for the info!!! What size throttle body did you go with??

Bigger.

Old 03-18-2004, 01:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Actualy bigger i would have to say it would be better. But in my case with the nitro i was able to feed the bike what it wants so im actualy using twice as much fuel now. But WHAHOOOOOOO What a ride [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2004, 01:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats what makes this EFI thing so darn Good. With the different Maps, you can go from MILD to WILD in just a few minutes!

Tell KMS that the guy that made that MANUAL injector carb for me does great work,and has allot of experience at making throttle bodies. I'm sure he could pump KMS what ever they need , for a lot cheaper than what they have know.(maybe). If thier still searching for a Vender, let me know, and I can put these guys together.

Bigger.

Old 03-18-2004, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

Looks like I'll be selling my 39's![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

AZ, KM, you guys may be seeing me down there this summer.

Old 03-18-2004, 09:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I just posted pics of AZSAND's EFI system....

AZ's EFI pic post

Old 03-18-2004, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

AZ how many watts does the EFI draw. I notice that BMW F650 with EFI has a 400 Watts charging system

Old 03-18-2004, 10:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Bill on a lot of bikes the stator needs beefing up but the ds has a massive system already so no stator mods are needed.And vegas you know your alway's welcome in our camp[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Which carb is better ???????????