CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Why Did MBRP go from good to junk?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Did MBRP go from good to junk?

Originally posted by: TheSorb
All these people who trash the MBRP pipe either care about nothing but pure top end, or they've been misinformed.
I had the MBRP pipe on my DS and I was embarrassed that this was a manufactured "performance" item for a DS. The performance of my stock pipe pleased me MUCH more than the MBRP.... This is just my opinion and I'm glad you like your MBRP.

Old 03-25-2004, 09:43 PM
RIP Dear Friend

PUSHINTHELIMIT,

Didn't you have other problems over and above and would have any pipe other then the stock helped you with your DS?

Old 03-25-2004, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RAPTORYFM660r
PUSHINTHELIMIT,

Didn't you have other problems over and above and would have any pipe other then the stock helped you with your DS?
what? can you clear that up a bit..... I tryed reading that and it doesn't work right lol.

Old 03-25-2004, 09:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think what chet meant was that you had other problems with the ds at the same time you were running the mbrp and that those problems could have contributed to the lackluster performance you observed.

Old 03-25-2004, 10:05 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: PUSHINTHELIMIT

what? can you clear that up a bit..... I tryed reading that and it doesn't work right lol.
You never have understood what I have written. I think I have a chigger and that my excuse.

Old 03-25-2004, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maddog56
I think what chet meant was that you had other problems with the ds at the same time you were running the mbrp and that those problems could have contributed to the lackluster performance you observed.

OIC! I'm actually not quite sure on that.... But when I put my MBRP pipe on there wasn't any problems with my quad. With the MBRP pipe I did notice a boost in LOW end power but it just plain DIDN'T GO! I liked the way the pipe looked and sounded, but I put a WB E-series pipe on it afterwards and it was a total different quad IMO.

Speaking of ALL MY DS650 problems that I had....
The guy I traded my DS650 to for my CR250 is a really good friend of mine. He rode the quad may be an hour total out of the 2 times he took a ride on it and the valve cover seal popped out and sprayed oil all over the place. He brought it back to his place and checked it over. He just called me up and I was gonna fix it for him because it was no big deal. A few days later he was checking it over a bit and it was about empty on coolant.... He figured WTF, and just decided to check the oil..... The oil was COMPLETELY MILK, so that confirms that the waterpump seals are shot for the 3rd time...... I feel really bad about it, yet I'm SO GLAD I got rid of that thing.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] The only thing that sucks is I'm his "DS650 mechanic" now...

Old 03-25-2004, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

use the search feature.. some of us never said the MBRP was any good.. we were shunned back then?
JJ

Old 03-26-2004, 02:43 AM
Range Rover

Man just stay stock with Mr. HP end cap and thats all ya need. I went from an ALBA full pipe (basically a supertrapp with 15 or so discs) to a stock pipe w/end cap and man o man what a difference with jetting correct on a stock carb. The bike ran night and day diff. Crazy diff with the end cap.

Old 03-26-2004, 10:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

The bottom line is the mbrp dose make decent power at the bottom but it peaks very low about 3500 rpm and thats it. If your happy with it then god bless your hearts.But the unsuspecting need to know it is not a good pipe and to spend there money on something worth while.Like a MrHp end cap i have seen that dyno and it kicks the wholly living c--p out of the MBRP and i belive its a tad cheaper.And is a very good looking cap.Also there is many manufactures of fine slip ons that can be quited up with disc. So why even bother. Oh theres the never packing thing if alls you ever ride is as hard as the mbrp will allow your bike to go. Your not pushing your bike hard enough to ever toss packing anyway's.

And yes alls i care about is speed' top end' torque' hp 'reliability 'And winning [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2004, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

I guess my question is how I'm I going so fast with one then? when I was racing last year I was going over 80mph on the straight aways at 9000"elevation and above. I was running a full race head, 12to1 102mm piston, 45mm mukiuni, RW ign. and a mbrp. And it was the second one in the US the other one was at a atv show with the owner of mbrp. I just got finish moding the pipe. it has some restrictive areas one of which is the out let hole on the can. there is a ring in there that's for the forest service well if ya take it out the overall dia. in increases over 1/2inch which will make a huge differance in the way it will run. the main reason the pipe works well on the low end is because of that ring i.e the smaller the hole the better low end will be. if you look down the pipe after you take out the ring there is no retriction to flow at all(looks like a straight pipe).

Quick Reply: Why Did MBRP go from good to junk?