CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Why Did MBRP go from good to junk?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Did MBRP go from good to junk?

When I first got my '03 in August of 2002, the most talked about pipe was the MBRP. I got one and really felt a good bottom & mid boost. Not to long after that, everyone was taking it off and switching. Why the change? I think the look and sound are second to none. I did hear that it robbed a little top end, but I didn't notice a difference.
I understand the endcap mod is the best but I need quiet and a spark arrestor. Am I crazy to put the pipe and DYNO Jet Kit on the '04?

Old 03-23-2004, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

well i think it kinda went from good to ok, i still like mine, works great for the trails, but aparently it hurts the top end, sadly i'm still faster them most my friends, haven't raced them in awhile tho, i've been hearin its a waste for a dyno jet kit, i still like mine, feels like it gave more performance to me,

n congrats on the new ride

Old 03-24-2004, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

Put the stock pipe back on and you'll see what we all mean.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2004, 10:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Well it never was a good pipe we just got a tad excited about the concept. And by the time we knew it was junk money was pushing it so the momentum was hard to stop. But trash alway's ends up in the dump and thats where its at today.If your staying low key it may work for you????????

Old 03-24-2004, 11:14 AM
Elite Pro Rider

they are a quiet pipe.

Old 03-24-2004, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

Why is junk? I thought it made a lot more low end power. My front end always seemed much easier to lift after the pipe. Fit and finish were excellent also. Didn't you do a dyno run and it seemed to produce more power except on the top end?

Old 03-24-2004, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

POS!

Trending Topics

Old 03-24-2004, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

MBRP... never owned one...is that a good thing?

Old 03-24-2004, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

I dont know about it being junk I race with one and I can put over 80mph at 9000' elavation. I just mod it too you know the ring that they put in the end to make it usfs appoved well it's a huge restriction I rode it in the on some trails the other day and it blowed the screen out go figure! so I'm changing my engine modification's now so I went in and ripped out that ring. it made a over a 1/2 inch differance in dia. Also I noticed that some of the welds inside of the pipe needed to be grinded down and some of the corners need to be radiused. I think that its going to flow 100% better this year with my new stroker.

Old 03-25-2004, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

All these people who trash the MBRP pipe either care about nothing but pure top end, or they've been misinformed. The slip-on gives a good low to mid bump in power, weighs less than half as much as the stock muffler, is completely maintenance-free, and is very quiet. All these benefits come with the small price of losing a little on top. I ride my Baja in the sand exclusively, so I don't need more top end. Seriously, how many people ride 60+mph most of the time? Don't be fooled - the MBRP slip-on is a great pipe for all but the most serious racers.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Why Did MBRP go from good to junk?