CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Why Did MBRP go from good to junk?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Did MBRP go from good to junk?

Nortjeepster i don't know other then eventualy all bikes will top out what most of us are looking for is very fast toping out and there is always a few out of the norm in every batch????????? And if it ran so good unmodded why are you changing it???? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2004, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

my 760 made 15hp more with the stock pipe (complete with spark arrestor all stock) than with the mbrp[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2004, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

well most of the stright aways were from about 2/10 to as much as a mile long. I race against 450-500 stroked banshees I would usally finshed about mid pack about 10-20sec below the leader in a 4-5 min race up hill in switch backs at 9000' or above. I'm modding the pipe so it will flow more because I'm stroking the motor out to about 700cc and 14to1 compression to match the race rules for Pikes peak and CHCA. Most of the banshees run about 90mph on the strights and I would run about 81-82 mph. All I need to do is get more out of it like 87-88mph and I would be in the running. On radar I'm as fast or faster in the coners than they are so that's not a problem.

Old 03-27-2004, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider

if you'r spending all this time and money stepping up you'r ds, make sure you dyno that mbrp and one other!! the "race pipe" will flow way less air than the stocker. just look at the stock pipe and the mbrp where it meets up with the can. the mbrp pipe size is tiny compaired to the stock pipe even, or look at any after market pipe, the expanse befor the can is 3 times the size of the mbrp. it just can't handle the volume needed for the extra hp[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] i took my last trip to little sahara with my 760 and got my butt handed to me by most everything out there? i thought i had some major cam issues or worse no power. so i spent about $800 on new cams, counts less time on the phone to the engine builder ect. i dynoed with the new cams and extra timing and still only 45hp? i then took off the mbrp "race pipe" and just replaced it with my stock pipe w/spark arrestor. went back to dyno and the stocker pipe made 15 more hp and way more torque than the mbrp[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] not that i will be running my stock pipe but you can bet the mbrp will never see my ds again!!!!!!!!

Old 03-27-2004, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

mbrp sucks on a ds but works very good on a rappy

Old 03-31-2004, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

Mine maybe differant than yours then cause mine has a huge pipe. It was the second one in the usa! maybe they made it from bigger tubing? I know that I had to begg them to make it for me!

Old 03-31-2004, 12:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I got mine directly from martin there was no distributor in this country my frist slip on only cost me like 179.00 and at the time i bought it he told me they had never sold one for a ds ????????? Do you trhink he lied to us both?????? but it realy don't matter any way's they gave up on us[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-31-2004, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

I got mine mid to end of 03' when did ya get yours?

Old 03-31-2004, 09:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I had mine for F S W I I so that would mean i had mine in jan of 03 Right????????? Thats where i did the infamous mash the c#%p of of the ol' MBRP in a wicked jump[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 03-31-2004, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

what I meant was mid to lat march 03' thats when I got my full system! but that's cool

Quick Reply: Why Did MBRP go from good to junk?